AP Period Closure Issue!

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rihan m

AP Period Closure Issue!

Post by rihan m »

Hi All..

I couldn't close a AP period due to a Invoice and a credit note, which have not been accounted..

I couldn't account the invoice because the distribution account (Charge A/C) is invalid. (not a valid GL account combination). To rectify the wrong in voice a credit memo is raised with the same account. Further these invoice and the credit memo has been set off. And that part is accounted and transferred to GL.

My first question is how to correct this issue (For me to close the AP period) and secondly tell me will a invoice have a wrong combination (GL account) as its distribution???

Thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi rihanm

For 1st question, check on the account you enter in the distribution if disabled change to be enabled then try again to create account for this invoice & CM. If not you need to cancel the 2 transaction then define your account in the GL combination form & re-enter the transaction.

For 2nd question, you need to use cross validation rule or use the function allow dynamic insert in the key flex field form.

Thanks
Hisham
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Rihan,

Any accounting can have a wrong combination ID. For example if you have entered transaction at Subledger level and somebody managing the GL disables those account codes, then when you try to transfer, this will throw invalid combination error.

As suggested, please enable the account in the segment values. This will solve your purpose very much. Once transferred, you can go back and disable the same account.