R12 Roll Back Option for a Particular Asset

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
oracleapps1983

R12 Roll Back Option for a Particular Asset

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi to All

I want to Rollback for particular Assets. Can any tell me navigation how to roll back for those Particular Assets.

I know that from R12 onwards there is new feature Automatic Roll back Depreciation. If my assumption is false please correct it.

Thanks to all
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Hi

There is no specific navigation to rollback Depreciation. Just Do the Adjustment that you want to make for the specific Assets and Depreciation will be rolled back automatically. You can take a particular Asset and test it yourself.

Navaneeth
mpdhas@gmail.com

Post by mpdhas@gmail.com »

Hi,

In Release 12, the intermediate manual step of rolling back depreciation for the entire book in order to process further adjustments on selected assets is no longer necessary. As before, you can submit depreciation for the entire book prior to closing the period. If it becomes necessary to process financial adjustments on one or more assets, you may proceed with the transaction normally via the asset workbench or mass transactions. Oracle Assets automatically rolls back the depreciation on just the selected assets (instead of the whole book) and allows the transactions to be processed normally. The assets for which depreciation was rolled back is automatically picked up during the next depreciation run or at the time that the depreciation period is finally closed.

Regards,
Dhas
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Thanks Das