Create Invoice and GL period closed

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
tamer_atala

Create Invoice and GL period closed

Post by tamer_atala »

Dear Members,
I face problem all the modules are working an GL period still closed ,
i found that there is many invoices created at system and validated and accounted how ever the GL period still closed at this period
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

You will have to open the GL period to run the Payables Accounting Process. You can sweep the invoices for the next period.

Octavio
tamer_atala

Post by tamer_atala »

Hello,
Thanks for your reply but i know that i need to open GL period but i'm asking how can i create invoice at payable and validated and create account without open GL period
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Yesterday i have close a period and checked that out the in AP can i enter a invoice in that perticular date say 30-jun then in AP it has started given me error message when i give GL as 30 jun so i dont think it is possible or may be a BUG
tamer_atala

Post by tamer_atala »

can any one provide me with refrence or note at this issue????
memoalex

Post by memoalex »

i think u have to try to open gl period again from data base
pinnashanmukh

Post by pinnashanmukh »

Hi,

I am not clear on the question. but let me clarify the basic things on period closure of gl and subledger ( AP, AR)

We can enter the transactions in subledger ( AP, AR) as long as the period of subledger is open.

Suppose the period of May-09 is from 01-May-09 to 31-May-09 same is available in GL periods window and AP periods window.

Even if the GL pereiod window of May-09 is having the satus closed you will be able to enter, validate & account the transactions in AP for May-09 as long as the period is open status in AP.

When the subledger transactions are transferred to GL --> System checks whether the GL period is open for May-09 & request will error out if the period is closed.

Control point is close all subledger entries to GL & close subledgers before closing the GL

Hope I have clarified your doubt

Thanks,
Shanmukh
rangareddy.apps

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Hi,

Might you have closed the GL period without closing the Subledger periods.

If you try to close the GL period without closing the subledger periods
Concurrent request is completed with warning might you have missed to see the output file of that request so u are facing this problem.

To avoid this issue open the GL period and validate all the subledger invoices and do create accounting choose parameters based on ur requirement and transfer subledger entries to GL and post it
start closing the Subleder periods and at last close the GL period.

Note: Do not try to close the GL period without closing the Subledger period