Overlap a single incumbent position

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
Alihsyed

Overlap a single incumbent position

Post by Alihsyed »

Hi All,

I want to overlap a single incumbent position. The current scenario is, whenever an employee resigns. He/She has to complete a notice period of at least 1 month. At the mean time a replacement for this employee takes place at the same position. Now there are two employees at a single incumbent position. Note that the employee who has resigned has still an active assignment and he will be terminated after 1 or two months notice period. The respective position has been acquire by two person through overlapping but the head count is not maintained. What i should do in this case.

THANKS,
Ali
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Ali,

I guess you can not overlap a single incumbent position since there should be only one incumbent of one active employee at one time for this position.
You should change the position definition type to "None", and this should maintain the headcount.

Regards,
Alihsyed

Post by Alihsyed »

Dear Ahmed,

You are saying that i have to set the position type validation to none i.e. the position of chairman or president can be shared by many persons.
Kindly watch out the overlapping functionality.

Thanks.
chavezkhan

Post by chavezkhan »

Dear Ali
Please Dont take it as strict, your position structure is not appropaite for the your scenario (what u r demanding)reason e.g. if you take another chairman before the leaving actual chairman so what you will do , will you hold two chairman? (my ANSwer on it is Certainly not) meaning you have to create another position for him as Interim Position which will be closed after the leaving notice period person. This is fit solution as per your requirement.

Thanks
Shawaiz Khan --Pakistan
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Ali,

I think what Shawaiz Khan suggested is a good solution for your issue. Thus you can maintain one single incumbent for two positions (Normal and Interim).

Regards,
Alihsyed

Post by Alihsyed »

Dear Shawaiz,

I am not demanding the chairman/president position to be overlapped. It was just an example. It can be IT Manager or any other single incumbent position. Another single incumbent position cannot be created because it a very lengthy process for the end user. Because if i use this functionality, the end user have to create more than 100 new positions every month and close the positions of the employees who are terminated in the system. Because after termination the unassigned position will be Vacant.

I have found a solution.

a) Position should be of the type "Single", "Shared"
b) Overlap dates are defined covering effective date.
c) Number of occupants for a single position is more than one.
d) Sum of each assignment budget value for fte values for each occupant of the
"Shared" position should be more than fte defined for position.
e) Change the Shared Incumbent position type to single incumbent when the overlapping period is over.

Kindly Suggest if this functionality works according to my scenario.

THANKS,
Ali.