Code Combination in GL

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Code Combination in GL

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hi all

While preparing setup of GL at start of Implementation, what procedure is used ,so that all the account Code combination automatically defined in the Account Code Combination window.

Also plz someone guide me how to Approve a JV in GL .

Best Regards
badry

Post by badry »

usually allowing dynamic inserts while defining your accounting flex-field, allow you to add new combination while entering J.E

for the J.E approval, If u had checked journal approval check box while defining your set of books, it is required for every J.E to be approved by the authorized person and this requires setting up HRMS to define employees hierarchy. OR you can allow preparer approval for the profile option.
application: general ledger
responsibility: your GL responsibility
profile: from the list of values query for: "Journals: allow preparer approval"
now after you enter J.E you can approve them by yourself, then posting.
Tell me about the results
with regards,
Mohammed Badry
admin

Post by admin »

sudhir

Post by sudhir »

Hi,

The response you received earlier points you in the right direction. My addition is to add another dimension to your thinking.
If you want to leave dynamic insertion 'Off', meaning, the Code Combinations would be determined beforehand and no 'on-the-fly' code combinations would be allowed, you could create the required combinations in the Setup > Accounts > Combinations form using DataLoad. This way you could keep the allow dynamic insert off and restrict the code combination.

If you want to keep the dynamic insert on, i suggest that you first create cross validation rules to prevent creation of illogical combinations.

Hope this helps.
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Thanks Sudhir its a good advice to use cross validation rules to prevent illogical code combinations.

Well....M.Badry

I set profile option for Journal approval "Journals:Allow preparer approval" it dos'nt work as Approve button on JV do not enable and also there is posting Error appears.

So do tell me any futher solution if you have.

Regards