Population of Quantity and Charge a/c in a PO

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
rc.priyankar

Population of Quantity and Charge a/c in a PO

Post by rc.priyankar »

Hi,

I need to create a requisition, RFQ, quotation and subsequently a PO. I create the requistion, use the Auto create functionality to create a RFQ from that, and then use it again to enter quotation details from the RFQ. Next, I use the 'Copy Document' functionality to create a Standard PO from the Quotation. However,the charge a/c and quantity do not get defaulted to the PO from the requisition. How can I get these values in my PO? Obviously, the person who prepares the PO is not going to re-enter the Quantity or populate the charge a/c. How do I go about this?

Thanks!
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Have at look at the following metalink Notes

Setup and Defaulting of Accounts in a Purchasing Encumbrance Environment
Doc ID: 245096.1

FAQ: Account Generator
Doc ID: 216831.1
imtiyaz

Post by imtiyaz »

Hi RC,

You are not following standard Oracle flow, apart from this still you will have another problem that is PR remain pending by the apporachyou have mentioned above.

After RFQ, and QA analysis and approved qutation. Go back to Autocreate and take that PR and make the PO, then select the catalog button neogtatied tab, scroll down select the latest price in the PO will get latest price will be over right the price of PR ref. plus RFQ ref. will be link in PO. and you problme will be resloved.

I hope this should work it, please let me know, I will be more than happy to help you in this matter.

Regards

Imtiyaz
rc.priyankar

Post by rc.priyankar »

Thanks for your reply.I need some more information.

As suggested by you, I created the PO directly from PR using Autocreate functionality.When I click on the 'Catalog' button, and click on Find,it says 'Query caused no rows to be retrieved'. So, how do I go about this?

2 more qs apart from this: If this process is to be followed, why do we have the 'Copy to' option in Tools in the Quotation form?
The other question which comes to my mind is that the PO price is to be taken from the Quotation, not the PR;so, how is the Quotation price reflected in the PO if we prepare the PO from a PR?

Thanks!
imtiyaz

Post by imtiyaz »

Hi

'Query caused no rows to be retrieved', this error could be you have customize the folder options.

<i>why do we have the 'Copy to' option in Tools in the Quotation form?</i>

For a very simple reason, from the approved PR spool, the requistion remain open, and when the requetor need to see the PO is generated it show open, plus no Link between PR-PO.

<i>so, how is the Quotation price reflected in the PO if we prepare the PO from a PR?</i>

after selecting Auto create, then select the catalog button, click at negotation tab, select the latest qutation, then price on PO is updated.

if not working let me know i can send you screen shots.

Regards

Imtiyaz
rc.priyankar

Post by rc.priyankar »

Imtiyaz, thanx so much. You've helped me a lot.It is working fine. I'll let u know for further doubts.