Wrong CC on Sale of FA

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Wrong CC on Sale of FA

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

HI All

When i retire asset in FA Module and transfer the data to GL through create accounting , it calculates gain/loss but it use cost center of Balance sheet instead of Other Income Cost center.

Plz guide on this urgently

Thanks all
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Have you done any workflow customization for this?

For realized gain/loss, cost center segment is generally taken from the default account combination defined in the asset books (till R11). For R12, it is as per the SLA.

What is the version you are using? What is the cost center defined in the Asset Books?

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

HI tgs100

No workflow customization done, i m using R12.1.0.

i have attached the FA book where i mention the account of gain/loss.
Please guide me about it .

Also guide about how i can use subledger accounting for it and how it works.

Thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

In R12 also, the standard SLA picks up the cost center for retirements from asset book only. You need to modify the SLA as per your requirement. You may go through the below thread to download the SLA document (or the standard oracle document)

<b>topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5834</b>

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Rizwan

You can also run the create account request in FA module for specific asset. it will show you all accounts will be used for each transaction (addition, retirement, depreciation) to know which cost center will used in your case.

Thanks
Hisham