cash management doubt (Bank trx codes)

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Vipparla

cash management doubt (Bank trx codes)

Post by Vipparla »

hai,

Plz let me know how Bank trx codes are defined ( not the matter in user guide) ,if payment is from Payment_AP, Misc rect with minus, from GL.Bank uses only one code.Then , in oracle Bank Transaction Codes window how do we give codes ( oracle does not allow same code more than once).

Similarly for Receipt. How to define codes then?

Can we define our own codes and do auto reconciliation?

At which point, the functional consultants work ends and technical work starts in cash management setups.

How do we know in which format it is ( BAI or?) and Bank statement is
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

You should define as many Bank Trx Code as you think you will need. Sometimes, it is simple, the Bank has only 3 or 4 transaction types like Check, Receipt, Expense and Miscellaneous. So, evaluate your needs. I think at least two codes are obligatory (Payment and Receipt).

For my experience i think we can deal with all bank transactions just with Payment, Receipt and Misc Receipt.

Yes you can define as many codes as you wish to perform the automatic reconciliation.

I think the technical work starts when you want to load the bank statement automatically into the system.

To know the format, ask your Bank to give you the statement in the format you want - BAI, SWIFT 940, etc.
I think i have some format examples. If you need it , just let me know.

Hope this helps.
Octavio
Vipparla

Post by Vipparla »

Dear Octavio, thanks a lot

Please mail to srisaipraneeth@gmail.com

AND

Bank has one code (say 100) for Receipt. The receipts can be from GL, Misc Rect or Standard Rect, Then in Bank transactn codes window , we can't use 100 thrice for Standard Rect, Misc Rect and Journal. Then How to define code.

Thanks a lot once again
Muhammad Shah

Post by Muhammad Shah »

Dear Octavio,

Please mail the formats to me also cementys@gmail.com

Regards
Muhammad
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Concerning Receipts.
You have to analyze the nature of receipts coming from GL and also Miscellaneous Receipts. If they can be simultaneously positive and negative you have to consider creating two codes. One for the Standard Receipts with type Receipt, once they are always positive, and another with type Misc Receipt.

Hope this helps,

Octavio
Vipparla

Post by Vipparla »

Thankssir,

But,

Bank has only one code (say 100) for Receipt. Our receipts can be from GL, Misc Rect or Standard Rect, Then in Bank transactn codes window , we can't use 100 thrice for Standard Rect, Misc Rect and Journal.
In trx codes window I used 100 for standard rect. Then for GL entries what should be the code used?. Bank has no other code except 100.
Then How to define second code.
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

You should define a bank transaction code for each code that you expect to receive from your bank.
So you should open only one code for Misc Receipts.

Octavio
sree02.oracle

Post by sree02.oracle »

Hellow,

Can you please send me the SWIFT 940 FORMAT to me also?

My id is 'appsbasha@gmail.com'

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
mohan gundepudi

Post by mohan gundepudi »

hi Octavio

Can you please send me the bank format that you have mentioned in the forum.

awaiting your reply.

thanks in advance

regards
mohan
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

hi Octavio,

Can u please send the Formats for me also to stalinvstalin@gmail.com.

Thanks,