Miscellanious Receipt

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Miscellanious Receipt

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

Version R12/11i? =
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? =
Module? =
OS? =

hi, In AR 11 i I want to give a miscellanious receipt. so in the receipt type as miscellanious receipt. once i take receipt type as mis receipt it is giving a causion that <b></b> changing the receipt will erase your customer information. you might require
to reenter payment method and remittance bank information. do you want to continue?

can anyone help me regarding this.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

What you might have done is, you would have started to enter a Standard receipt, and later changed the receipt type to Miscelleneous ....
For standard receipt, customer related information is collected....
For miscellaneous receipt, no customer information is collected .... thats why it is miscellaneous ..
When you change from standard receipt to miscellaneous receipt, if you have entered any customer information, those details would be erased ... as they are not relevant for a miscellaneous receipt ....
You can continue ... no harm ... its intended ...
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

[quote]What you might have done is, you would have started to enter a Standard receipt, and later changed the receipt type to Miscelleneous ....
For standard receipt, customer related information is collected....
For miscellaneous receipt, no customer information is collected .... thats why it is miscellaneous ..
When you change from standard receipt to miscellaneous receipt, if you have entered any customer information, those details would be erased ... as they are not relevant for a miscellaneous receipt ....
You can continue ... no harm ... its intended ...

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

If you are changing from misc receipt to standard receipt, you need to enter the customer related information on the form ....
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Again if i want to go for standard receipt what will happen again i need to define the customer info or not necessary.
You can try this in your system (Dev/Test Instance) and find out!!!

Cheers,
Saravanan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi harikumarc1981

You can also enter a standard receipt & save it without define a customer. thee system allow to use this function if you don't know the customer name & you can update this receipt with the customer name later.

Thanks
Hisham