PTP, OTP entries - R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
priyaakumar

PTP, OTP entries - R12

Post by priyaakumar »

Hi All,

I would like to know the PTP and OTP accounting entries with respect to R12. I believe there are some differences between the entries from 11i to R12. Awaiting your quick reply on this.

Thanks in advance,
Priya
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Priya,

the 02c and p2p entries remains the same in R12. The version change has only contributed to a change on " How accounting is performed in R12" and not the accounting entries itself.

Please let us know what made you beleive that there exists a change in Release 12 entries....

(Note: You can search the forum for entries on p2p and o2c)

Regards,
Karthikeyan
priyaakumar

Post by priyaakumar »

Hi Karthi,
I guess it was a misconception or rather mis-information :-)

Thanks karthik!
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

[quote]Dear Priya,

the 02c and p2p entries remains the same in R12. The version change has only contributed to a change on " How accounting is performed in R12" and not the accounting entries itself.

Please let us know what made you beleive that there exists a change in Release 12 entries....

(Note: You can search the forum for entries on p2p and o2c)

Regards,
Karthikeyan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981
jai

Post by jai »

Hi,

First of all its O2C. I can tell you that there is nothing change in R12 for P2P cycle. But there are some setups are mandatory in payable . I hope you can able to work out with Purchasing. Reg O2C i need to work out...wait.

Hope meets your requirement.

Regards,
Jai
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Anjan,

There are lot many differences in the ACCOUNTING PROCESS through out E Business Suite in Release 12...
but not in ACCOUNTING ENTRIES... Only the steps have got changed and not the results ...
This topic has been discussing about the Change in Accounting Entries only ..

I would be more than happy to learn from you the differences in Accounting ENTRIES generated by system and correct my understanding.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
admin

Post by admin »

True Karthik. As Oracle or Oracle version upgrade has nothing to do with any change of accounting entries (standards). tks
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

[quote]Dear Anjan,

There are lot many differences in the ACCOUNTING PROCESS through out E Business Suite in Release 12...
but not in ACCOUNTING ENTRIES... Only the steps have got changed and not the results ...
This topic has been discussing about the Change in Accounting Entries only ..

I would be more than happy to learn from you the differences in Accounting ENTRIES generated by system and correct my understanding.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981