AR Invoice - From OM

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kommineni7

AR Invoice - From OM

Post by kommineni7 »

Hi AR Gurus,

we have an requirement as show below.

Client will receive somany orders in a day from a customer. At the end of the day, he wants to generate a single invoice (after cuff of time), then he will receive cash receipt and apply to the same. So he will enter somany orders with the same item/different item with the same customer.

We tried to achieve the single invoice for multiple sales order with grouping rule functionality. We used the optional attributes like sales order date/ship to customer/ with out any optional parameters in our grouping rule etc. But still system is creating one invoice for each sales order.

Workflow back ground process was not scheduled. Users will run at the end of the day.

Could you please help me on the below quesitons.

In which scenarios, single invoice is possible for the multiple sales order. To expalin further, we can create single invoice for multiple sales orders even though item is different or ship to is different?

which optional parameters i have to use in my Gropuing rule set up, if i want to achieve the single invoice for the above requirement ?

is there any other set ups/others which i missed ?

Please help me. Quick response will be a big hlep to us.

Thanks in advance,
Venkatesh
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Venkatesh,

the requirement of Converting multiple Sales orders in to an Single invoice can be achieved with the Grouping Rules functionality only.

Please refer the related metalink references on the configuration aspects:
Troubleshooting Grouping Rules In AutoInvoice [ID 1084554.1]
How To Use Grouping Rules With AutoInvoice [ID 1067993.1]

Scenarios would be purely dependant on the Client requirement. The ideal case would be purely due to the frequency of transactions.....

Regards,
Karthikeyan
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

Thanks so much karthik for your information.. We are not able find the solution for my scenario still..

If possible..

can you suggest how to set up a grouping rule to achieve single invoice for multiple orders? we tried using different optional attributes, but still creating multiple invoices. we are using the same customer ship and bill to and users are entering the orders with same item during a day.

Thanks for your help Karthik..
Venkatesh