Adjustment in AR

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Adjustment in AR

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

Hi,

In accounts receivables 11i (11.5.10.2)

I have a transaction amount 2000.00 and i got the receipt for 2000.03.

so i got extra amount of 0.03.

is it possible to adjust this amount or write off is the only option.

If adjustment is possible how can i adjuste.

When i tried to adjust it is giving error message that adjustment should balance due to zero.

what is the difference between adjustment and write off in AR.

can any one help on this.

cheers.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Harikumar,

Adjustments ( 188070.1 )

Create adjustments to increase or decrease the balance due for an invoice, debit memo, chargeback, or commitment. For example, you
apply a receipt to an invoice, but there is still an open balance of two dollars. You can create an adjustment to write off the remaining
amount and close the debit item.

Write off (203243.1)

In Oracle Receivables version 11i, you can write off unapplied cash receipt balances. Receipt write-off functionality is
provided to account for small overpayments that you do not intend to refund or maintain as unapplied amounts or
on account balances. With this function, you can choose to write off an unapplied cash receipt amount, within certain
limits, to a specific general ledger account. The write-off amount is credited to this account, such as a miscellaneous
revenue account, and no longer reflects as an unapplied amount on the receipt or on the customer?s account.
Receipt write-offs do not change receipt amounts nor do they affect customer balances or general ledger Cash
account entries. Receipt write-offs can be processed for cash receipts only. You cannot write off amounts from
miscellaneous receipts.
You can write off individual unapplied receipt amounts during receipt application or later, at any time using the
Applications window. You can also write off balances of multiple receipts in mass using the Create Receipt Write-off
option.

In short , Adjustments are related to Invoice component and write offs are related to Receipt component.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

[quote]
Dear Harikumar,

Adjustments ( 188070.1 )

Create adjustments to increase or decrease the balance due for an invoice, debit memo, chargeback, or commitment. For example, you
apply a receipt to an invoice, but there is still an open balance of two dollars. You can create an adjustment to write off the remaining
amount and close the debit item.

Write off (203243.1)

In Oracle Receivables version 11i, you can write off unapplied cash receipt balances. Receipt write-off functionality is
provided to account for small overpayments that you do not intend to refund or maintain as unapplied amounts or
on account balances. With this function, you can choose to write off an unapplied cash receipt amount, within certain
limits, to a specific general ledger account. The write-off amount is credited to this account, such as a miscellaneous
revenue account, and no longer reflects as an unapplied amount on the receipt or on the customer?s account.
Receipt write-offs do not change receipt amounts nor do they affect customer balances or general ledger Cash
account entries. Receipt write-offs can be processed for cash receipts only. You cannot write off amounts from
miscellaneous receipts.
You can write off individual unapplied receipt amounts during receipt application or later, at any time using the
Applications window. You can also write off balances of multiple receipts in mass using the Create Receipt Write-off
option.

In short , Adjustments are related to Invoice component and write offs are related to Receipt component.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981