Error during Accouting Setup in Ledger Options

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
tp113

Error during Accouting Setup in Ledger Options

Post by tp113 »

I am gettting an Error during Accouting Setup in Ledger Options while creating a ledger for retained earnings as "Your Retained Earnings account must be a balance sheet account." I checked the flexfields and also freezed the Flexfield Definitions but still getting the same error.

regards,

Tejash P.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Tejash,

please recompile your accounting flexfield and retest the issue again. This issue happens when either you really do not have an account which is of retained earnings type or you tried attaching a value set for account segment that is already available.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
madhuarepalli

Post by madhuarepalli »

Daer Tejash,

Retained Earnings account type should be Ownership/Stochholder Othewise below error message getting.

"Your Retained Earnings account must be a balance sheet account"

In your scenario, Please create the New account with Account types is Ownership/Stockholder and assign the same account in Accounting set up level.

Thanks & Regards,
Madhu
tp113

Post by tp113 »

Thank you very much Karthikeyan and Madhu, I was able to go ahead and setup the GL using the steps provided by you in creation of Retained Earnings Account. regards, Tejash