how to choose oldest invoices first in a pay run

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Salman333

how to choose oldest invoices first in a pay run

Post by Salman333 »

Hi Guys

This is my first post here. I am working as an erp trainee at a consulting firm in Islamabad, Pakistan. I have a query related to the payables module.

" When entering a payment in my system, I want the payment form to automatically select the oldest billed invoices first, for e.g, if i am making a payment of 10000 dollars, and the total amount of all invoices due for a particular supplier is 15000 dollars, how do I automatically choose the oldest invoices first to be entered into the pay run"

Looking forward to enhance my knowledge and skills while I am active on this forum.

Thanks
Salman
haider1781

Post by haider1781 »

Hi Salam,

This is very simple to pay the oldest invocie first in the payables. When you are making payments from payments. see you example we are now paying 10000 >>
Go to payments > select the supplier name > select bank from which you are paying > enter the 10000 in the header.
now select the invoices from enter invocie tab ,, Invoces are comming date wise so select oldest first and then latest select the invoices until it reaches 10000.
For example if you include your last invoice that is amounting to Rs.250 and it beacse 10050 of total payment. then only enter the 200 from the last invoice and make the payment.

Thanks

Haider