Cost Centre code to be modified

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
jpreddy

Cost Centre code to be modified

Post by jpreddy »

Hi All,

Greetings,

I need your valuable suggestion urgently.

The issue is business closed one plant **** recently . Many items assigned were assigned to this plant. In item master about 200 items were owned by this plant. So these items are showing with related cost centre code.

Since the plant is closed now the business wanted to replace the cost centre code with appropriate cost centre code.

Please guide me/ answer me to the following questions.
1. can we replace (update) the cost centre code.
2. Incase we update the cost centre will there be any other impact like finance, GL etc.,
3. Any additional information to be considered before replacing the cost centre code.

As the matter is most urgent. I request you to reply on priority basis.

Thanks in advance.
JP Reddy
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi JP Reddy

Before I give an answer, I would like to check with you about this scenario.

Suppose you have plant ABC & all items (200) assign to this plan so you create new plant XYZ & need to assign the items in the new organization.

Do you want to change the cost center in the old plant ABC to another cost center value? because this value will be used in the other plant XYZ.

If this scenario is right, you can change the cost center on the organization level after closing the old plant without any impact in the Finance.

Only you need to :-
1) Close all transactions on old plant ABC & run create account process for that plant.
2) Transfer these transactions to GL then close period in old plant.
3) Change the cost center you need then start the transactions in new plant.

Hope I can help you & if you have any concern please let me know.
Hisham
jpreddy

Post by jpreddy »

[quote]Hi JP Reddy

Before I give an answer, I would like to check with you about this scenario.

Suppose you have plant ABC & all items (200) assign to this plan so you create new plant XYZ & need to assign the items in the new organization.

Do you want to change the cost center in the old plant ABC to another cost center value? because this value will be used in the other plant XYZ.

If this scenario is right, you can change the cost center on the organization level after closing the old plant without any impact in the Finance.

Only you need to :-
1) Close all transactions on old plant ABC & run create account process for that plant.
2) Transfer these transactions to GL then close period in old plant.
3) Change the cost center you need then start the transactions in new plant.

Hope I can help you & if you have any concern please let me know.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hiszaki