bank reconcillation scenerio

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
mrehanali

bank reconcillation scenerio

Post by mrehanali »

Hi,

The opening balance was loaded in system 31 dec2012 and the bank balance was Rs 100

When i get bank statement for january13 ,it include those checks(payments) who was issued before 1jan2013 and supplier present checks in bank after 31 dec2012.

So i will load bank statement for january 2013 in cash management ,it will include those cheks which were issued before 1jan13.

how to handle this scenario in cash management at the time of bank reconcillation?
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi mrehanali

According to your scenario, the payment you need to load them in back statement, must be defined in GL for cash clearing accounts.

So my advice to you is that all payments which was issued before 1-Jan-2013, create manual transaction for then in GL module form issue account to clearing account.

This is the best way to ignore the second solution which depend on creating all payments with date 31-Dec-2012 then transfer then to GL interface and delete all interface so you can now clear these payments.

It's depend on your business decision.

Hope I can help you
Thanks
Hisham
mrehanali

Post by mrehanali »

Hi Hisham,

I cant enter any transaction before 1jan2013,as we already enter opening balance on 31dec2012
mrehanali

Post by mrehanali »

create manual transaction for then in GL module form issue account to clearing account

What does it mean