Displaying Master Record in report

There are many available reports in Oracle Apps so you can discuss the requirements related to these reports here.
Khalil

Displaying Master Record in report

Post by Khalil »

How we can solve the problem of not displaying the master record only when there is no any data in detail record in Group Above, Group Left or Matrix Report? Whereas the master record exists in the master table.
admin

Post by admin »

You can hide the fields/frames by using format triggers. hope will work for you.
Khalil

Post by Khalil »

Perhaps, I could not convey my problem correctly. My problem is, in a report of group above or group left, when there is no any data in detail table the Master record does not appear in the report. Whereas Master data exist in the table.
najm

Post by najm »

I think you can use outer join or innerjoin did you use it before or not.
Thanks

Cheers

Najm
Khalil

Post by Khalil »

Yes I have used it. But in this situation I mean that in a customer ledger I select customer's name, address etc from customer table, calculate his opening balance from journal table, where all transactions of the the customers are stored, and the datewise transaction of that customer are selected from the journal table. Now if a customer have no any transaction on or after a given date whereas he has his opening balance. But when i run the report it does not diplay the name, opening balance of that customer because there are no any transactions after that given date in the journal ledger. My question is that it should display the name, address and opening balance of that customer.
Kashif

Post by Kashif »

Just UNION this Query with the MAIN Query Which Calculate the Balance, Opening or Transaction Balance

UR QUERY HERE
UNION ALL
Select Sysdate, Party_Code, Party_Title, 0 Balance,
from party_table
Where Party_code = <Parameter>

I'm Asuming that u have the number of Columns (like written Above) in ur Query..

Inshallah it Will Solve ur problem.....