Configure AS 10g

To discuss Oracle Forms & Reports related technical issues.
musman

Configure AS 10g

Post by musman »

I want to configure Application Server 10g.The database i am using is 10g. Please tell me what steps i have to do.

Thanks
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Can you please specify the Operating System on which you want to configure AS 10G
musman

Post by musman »

Operating System is Window XP
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

musman

Post by musman »

I want to configure Oracle AS Release 3 on Windows XP

Please first tell me what steps i have to perform to install it and after that how to configure it.
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi

So the basic guidelines for installation of AS Enterprise on 2 servers configuration for medium size deployment.

1- Install Oracle DB 10GR2 on DB Server. (Linux server is recommended) that wud be used as Metadata Repository (MR) name it MRDB.

2. Install Infra, name it INFRATIER and point it to your MRDB.

3. Install Middletier name it MIDTIER (could be same server).
Make sure you are able to tnsping to your INFRA DB. (all entries must be existing in your TNSNAME.ora file at MIDTIER/network/admin)

4. Install Mid tier JSP name it MIDTIERJSP (could be same server but not recommended for huge deployment) where deployment of Java files using DCM.

Note: It is better you make sure all components are alive, after each installation check all tier ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin/opmnctl status.

Oracle strongly advise to make backup image before you change any configuration file or apply patch, so I wud use any snapshot imaging SW.

Anyway let us know if you need any specific TIER configuration.

Following link might help you to further understand installation and configuration steps.

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B ... tstart.htm