Fixed Assets Pre Setup

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
venkat

Fixed Assets Pre Setup

Post by venkat »

Hi,

I am very much new to Fixed Assets Module. I having few doubts in this module. Can any body help me out in this regards.

1. Fixed Asset module comes under with level in multi org structure (Either Business Group level, Set of Books level, Legal Entity level or Operating Unit Level)?

2. In practical Situation, we are having TATA one business group and 2 Legal entities like Tata Steal and Tata Consulting. Is it possible to install Fixed Assets for this legal Entities separately (In this case Both legal entities are using same SOB)? If it is possible please give required steps

Regards,

VENKAT
Rekha

Post by Rekha »

Hi Venkat,

Fixed assets are at OU level.....you can define different OUs one for Tata steel and another for tata consulting...(should be no problem even they are on same SOB)...

Ex:Create OU as TS_OU for tata steel.. and TC_OU for tata consltng
Create 2 new responsibilities as TS_FA_SUPERUSER for tata steel and TC_FA_SUPERUSER for tata consltng...(attach OU to responsibilities)

Create a corresponding FA books and allother things individually..

Only thing need to be taken care is in GL...since GL is at SOB level... and when you transfer the transactions from both FA books ,it would go in to single SOB....but can identify journal batches since they are usually attached with FA Book name...

hope this helps!!!

Regards
Rekha
raviteja.manchu

Post by raviteja.manchu »

hi rekha,

As per my knowledge Fixed Assets will work at the legal entity level not at the operating unit level.Pls update me wther i am correct or not

Regards,
Ravi Manchu.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi All,

SOB is attached at legal entityLevel..........

To have two FA details for Tata Steel and Tata Consulting,

Create two different Corp Book(Asset Register ) and the Asset registers are attached to the SOB.

There is a provision in FA to have more than one corp books, so we can have two different books to maintain the asset details.

What ever the asset addition,depreciation takes places are based on the corp book and it is easy to trace the same in GL.

Hope this will solve ur doubt... if u still have any doubt post it in the forum....

Regards,
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

Hi Uma and Repka,

Tata consulting and Tata steel are using two different ou, do you mean pratically they have to use the same FA in regards of their OU? Pls explain further.
Thanks
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
I am not sure about the OU wise, but I have given the explanation based on the <font color="blue"><b>SET OF BOOKS </b> </font id="blue"> level.

Rekha,

Pls explain, even I am confused with your reply.

Thanks
Rekha

Post by Rekha »

Hi Uma,

you are right with your expalantion..may be i got little confused....

Also venkat is right that FA operates at legal entity level....and since Tata consulting and tata steel comes under same legal entity, you can define 2 corp books in a single responsibility..

Regards
Rekha
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hai All,

Fixed Assets Does n't understands the Multi Org concept.
Fixed Asset attached At SOB level.

<font color="blue">Regards,
cnubandi.</font id="blue">