Purchase Requisition error ORA-20002:3108?

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
swapnika

Purchase Requisition error ORA-20002:3108?

Post by swapnika »

Hi all,

Iam geting an eror mesgae when I was about to approve a purchase requisition.The error message Am getting is

Start_WF_Process-PO_REQAPPROVAL_INIT1.Start_WF_Process.In exception handler:ORA-20002:3108:Root process could not be determined for item'REQAPPRV/56629-148786.There may be a problem with item type selector function, or you be require to supply a starting process name.

plz explain the solution in detail with navigatin steps.

Thanx in advance.

Swapnika.
akrao

Post by akrao »

Hi swapnika please check your item validation parameters where you are defining item. also check your approval groups and assignments. it will deafnetly work.

Regards
AKRAO
arun1203

Post by arun1203 »

Hi Swapnika,

If 'Workflow Startup Process' field for the respective document you are creating is not 'PO Approval' then do the following steps on your test system

1. Run <font color="red"><b>'Replicate Seed Data'</b></font id="red"> concurrent program.

<font color="black"><b>Navigation:</b></font id="black">

<font color="red"><b>System Administrator>Requests>Replicate Seed Data</b></font id="red">

2. For the respective document you are creating select <font color="red"><b>'PO Approval' </b></font id="red">from the List of Values in the 'Workflow Startup Process' field.

<font color="black"><b>Navigation:</b></font id="black">

Purchasing Super User-->Setup>Purchasing>Document Types

<font color="blue"><b>Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy</b></font id="blue">
swapnika

Post by swapnika »

Hi Arun,

When I selected "startof approve requisition process" from 'Workflow Startup Process' dropdown field.The status of requisition changed to "in process".

I havent created any hierarchy..so why is it showing as inprocess.

I have now changed the the dropdown to "approve and forward requisition", the requisition status now got changed to pre-approved..with which am not able to create a PO from autocreate....(Nav-purchaseorder/autocreate).

How will I get the status as approved...

I think am going wrong somewhere in creating purchase requisition document...

If you can send me the correct screenshots of 1)purchase requisition document and 2)Purchase order document...it will be of great help since am struck here...

Am working on p2p cycle after setting up multiorg in my system.

Regards,

Swapnika Rao.
arun1203

Post by arun1203 »

Hi,

Yesterday I?ve got a little time which I used to diagnose the problem you are facing on my Vision Instance and found a solution.

Let me explain it in detail step by step.

For the error message which you have mentioned i.e.,

<font color="black"><b>Start_WF_Process-PO_REQAPPROVAL_INIT1.Start_WF_Process.In exception handler:ORA-20002:3108:Root process could not be determined for item'REQAPPRV/56629-148786.There may be a problem with item type selector function, or you be require to supply a starting process name.
</b></font id="black">
The solution is as follows:

1. Purchasing Vision Operations (USA)-->Setup-->Purchasing#61664;Document Types

Follow the above navigation and select the document type as <font color="red"><b>?Purchase Requisition?.</b></font id="red">

After selecting the Purchase Requisition ensure the following setups:

<font color="red"><b>Approval Workflow: PO Requisition Approval

Workflow Startup Process: Main Requisition Approval

Autocreate Workflow: PO Create Documents

Autocreate Workflow Startup Process: Overall Document Creation/Launch Approval</b></font id="red">

After ensuring the above setups you create a new Purchase Requisition and when you are about to approve the Purchase Requisition select the following check boxes and click on ?OK? button.

1. Submit For Approval
2. Forward
When you select the check box ?Forward? the following fields gets populated automatically:
i. Forward From
ii. Approval Path
iii. Forward To

<font color="black"><b>Note: Swapna here you need to note down the name of the person appearing in ?Forward To? field.
Query the name of this person in the users form of System Administrator Responsibility.
Change the password to some thing which you can remember.

I have seen that the person name is ?Baker, Catherine?.
Then I have queried this particular person and changed the password to ?Oracle?.
I?ve noted down the user name which was ?CBAKER?.
</b></font id="black">

Once you submit your document the status of the Requisition will be <font color="red"><b>?Pre-Approved?.</b></font id="red">

The reason why it is in ?Pre-Approved? status is as follows:

In the document types window of Purchase Requistion you have selected the check box ?Owner Can Approve?.

Since you have selected this check box it is in the status of ?Pre-Approved? as soon as you have submitted your document for approval.

Now logon to vision with user name CBAKER and enter the password which you have changed.

Go to notifications summary ,there you will see the requisition which you have created and submitted for approval.
Select that requisition and click on Approve button.

Now query the requisition in your requisitions summary window.
The status will be approved.

Follow the steps which I have mentioned and let me know whether the problem has been solved or not.

If you have any more doubts post them on the forums so that respective members can share their knowledge.

<font color="blue"><b>Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy.[:)]
</b></font id="blue">
msgnaga

Post by msgnaga »

Hi Swapnika,

Pre-Approved is a common Issue while supporting Purchasing. If your issue is pre-Approved i guess below is ur answer.

A Pre?Approved document is one that has already been approved by the appropriate individual, who also chose to forward it to yet another person for approval. Or, it is a document that has been authorized for approval but for which funds have not yet been reserved. A document is still considered pre?approved until the subprocess Reserve Before Approve or the subprocess Approve Requisition sets its status to Approved.

Soo you get Pre-approved if you have not reseved funds or the document is been approved and forwarded the doc for an other approval. Jus check it once. [:)]