Few queries - Oracle Financials

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
subodhmdalvi

Few queries - Oracle Financials

Post by subodhmdalvi »

1. Whether two financial years can be maintained?
e.g. from April to March and January to December?

2.Whether each financial transaction can have value in three currencies?
e.g. base currency, transaction currency and evaluation currency?

3.I want to inactivate accounts having balance zero and last transaction date is in prior accounting year that has been closed. Is it possible?

4. Is it possible to post a transaction to multiple GL accounts based on user defined percentage?

5. Is it possible to allocate expenses to multiple financial periods
based on the ratio of number of days?
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

1. Whether two financial years can be maintained?
e.g. from April to March and January to December?

Ans: In R12 it could be posssible using Secondary Ledgers, but not in 11.5.10 or below.I assume you are asking from Single set of books perspective. You can still meet your requirement with Single set of books and generate multiple calendar reports from Jan - Dec or Apr - Mar in Discoverer provided if the company rigidly passes the accrual
entries at the end of every month. Only Difference is the Revenue and expenses account will nullify only whne the annual period is closed

2.Whether each financial transaction can have value in three currencies?
e.g. base currency, transaction currency and evaluation currency?

Ans: You define the other two currencies as Reporting currenvcy and enter the currency rates properly. (I think this question might have come from Baan ERP user because Baan ERP had option to set three currencies for a set of book)

3.I want to inactivate accounts having balance zero and last transaction date is in prior accounting year that has been closed. Is it possible?

Ans: You can do it by inactivating in account Combinations Form in GL

4. Is it possible to post a transaction to multiple GL accounts based on user defined percentage?

Ans: Where is the source of transaction? Is it in GL or from subledger? Explain clearly your requirement

5. Is it possible to allocate expenses to multiple financial periods
based on the ratio of number of days?

Ans: Where these expenses are booked?. Is it passed as a JV in GL or in AP Module?

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Gr8 effort :)