Adjustment Period

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
hbabhu

Adjustment Period

Post by hbabhu »

I have worked on Accounting Calender and I want to know Adjustment Period .

Can I create a separate Adjustment period for month. It should be done during Calender Period or Seperately>??

What is the purpose of KEY-INDICATOR Report and when I should run it.
Is there any relation between Adjustment Period and KEY-INDICATOR.

One More thing, What is the difference between 'SPECIAL CALENDER' & 'NORMAL CALENDER'

Kindly Revert Me
muzaffarnaim

Post by muzaffarnaim »

Yes you can create adjustment period for each period and it would be a part of your accounting calendar setup, but it is not recommended. Oracle says there should be only 2 adjustment periods, one for opening balances and one for closing.

Special Calendar can be your 'Transaction calendar', 'WHT calendar' etc and normal/regular Calendar is your 'Accounting Calendar'.
mstapps

Post by mstapps »

in this adjustment period

what type of adjustment we do can pls explaine me

thanks and regards
mstapps
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
Adjustment periods are used to calculate, for example, the Profit & Loss Account for the Fiscal Year. In an adjustment period you can enter journal entries that transfer the balances of accounts with Type = Espense or Revenue to your Retained Earnings account.

Octavio