Problems to call Discoverer...

Here you can post the Business Intelligence (BI) related queries and replies.
jscrunch

Problems to call Discoverer...

Post by jscrunch »

Hi friends,
[Disco version: 4i - Apps 11.5.10.2 - DB: 9.2.0.8]
I'm trying to access discoverer workbooks through a menu in Selfservice, so.. first I define a function associated with my disco workbook, I create a menu for that, I create even a responsibility..and it appears ok in my selfservice screen.
When I click in the menu option, it appears the viewer logon screen but with an error:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Autentication failure.
(Default or specified schema containing EUL tables is inaccessible )

----------------------------------------------------------------
In a separate internet explorer windows I ckecked that Disco connection is OK and I can connect to my EUL (APPS) workbooks
I've checked too ICX%discoverer% profile options, and Defalut and EBS profile options are set to "APPS" ...
Then I've searched in metalink about the error... and found the note 386641.1 where is explained something similar.. It says that the error is due to an incorrect EUL setup in the .reg_key.dc
(When a user accesses Discoverer through applications user preferences are stored in a file .reg_dc. ) So I checked that file... but there are lots of references to differents user preferences...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\WebDisco 4\User Preferences\...
But one thing about this:
It appears a line:
"DefaultEUL"=D1:8:"VIDEO31"
This value, VIDEO31 is what appears in the pref.txt file... its the default value in the file.. but the problem I don't think that turns in that direction
although I've checked another note (333161.1) that tells something similar ...
The problem is that when you call a workbook from applications, the language sufix is added at the end of the EUL's name placed in pref.txt ...
so if my EUL is APPS and my language is spanish (_E) , when I call the workbook, the EUL that Apps is finding is APPS_E, and it doesn't exists.So is not a solution change in pref.txt the name to APPS or even APPS_E, because the name searched would be APPS_E or APPS_E_E for each case...
So the solution would be rename the EUL (I don't think it is possible..