KFF and DFF

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
Ritz

KFF and DFF

Post by Ritz »

Hi,

Can some one help me understand the difference in KFF and DFF.

Thanks,
Ritz
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

DFF:(Descriptive flex field):-The DFF data will be stored in attribute columns.It will capture more information from end user without changing the programming.

KFF:(Key flef field):-The KFF data will be stored in segment columns
The kff is an inteligent key.This will stored in codes format.

In oracle apps available Key flexfields is 28

AP,PO,OM there is no key flexfields

If any queries pls lat me know...
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

<font face="Verdana"> Hi,
A descriptive flexfield appears on a form as a single-character, unnamed field enclosedin brackets. Just like in a key flexfield, a pop-up window appears when you move your cursor into a customized descriptive flexfield...
Descriptive flexfields provide customizable "expansion space" on your forms. You can use descriptive flexfields to track additional information, important and unique to your business, that would not otherwise be captured by the form.</font id="Verdana">
TIA
[quote]Hi,

Can some one help me understand the difference in KFF and DFF.

Thanks,
Ritz

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Ritz
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Thanks Anu ,

The DFF will provide the expansion space to fill in additional Info. This is clear . But the KFF can also do the same right ?

Pl advice.

Ritz.

Siva - Thanks for your reply , but I am trying to understand from a functional prespective
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Ritz

Key Flexfield is function driven eg for a particular activity of R&D in location X in Company Y you will have a flexfield combination of

Y-X-R&D. In this each element of flexfield will be defined in the Chart of Accounts.

While Descriptive flexfield would be transaction driven ot function driven. Means it can be used at will wherever required. Its not driven at chart of accounts level.

The other thing is DFF is an optional entry field but Key Flexfield is mandatory entry field.

I hope this helps

Nitin
akumar.oracle

Post by akumar.oracle »

Can anyone please tell me all the key flexfield in

AR
Oracle Projects (Costing and Billing)

ta
Arvin