AR Invoice Grouping rule

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
vijayasarathyr

AR Invoice Grouping rule

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Hi,

Can I group the invoices originate from OM or other modules in AR? If so, when I apply a receipt to this grouped invoice, how the application and its reference will be?

Example:
From OM, I have 4 Sales Orders. Usually Oracle will create 4 Invocies. I want to group this 4 into 1.

Then when I take money from the customer, I want to partially apply on the first two and last invoices.

Let me know if you have done it earlier.

Also once the 4 invoices are grouped and one invocie gets generated, what will happen to that 4 invoices?

Thanks.
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Sarathy,

when we use grouping rule Invoice will be created as per those rules. say eg: in ur case all 4 sales orders r going to be genarated as a single Invoice, In AR though It is created single Invoice If u go to the lines u can clearly c all lines sales order wise (drag to the end of line in Trans FF u can find Sales order details).

In case of partial receipt u can apply by selecting lines in the application window agaisnt to that Invocie.

I did not tested this scenario...

pls correct me If I am wrong.....

Thanks
nagaramesh

[quote]Hi,

Can I group the invoices originate from OM or other modules in AR? If so, when I apply a receipt to this grouped invoice, how the application and its reference will be?

Example:
From OM, I have 4 Sales Orders. Usually Oracle will create 4 Invocies. I want to group this 4 into 1.

Then when I take money from the customer, I want to partially apply on the first two and last invoices.

Let me know if you have done it earlier.

Also once the 4 invoices are grouped and one invocie gets generated, what will happen to that 4 invoices?

Thanks.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by vijayasarathyr