Error execute report in R12

There are many available reports in Oracle Apps so you can discuss the requirements related to these reports here.
lukman

Error execute report in R12

Post by lukman »

Hi all,

I hoped I put this in the right forum. Before I ask the question, here are my environment:

Operating system : Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 update 6
RDBMS : 10.2.0.3.0
Oracle Applications : 12.0.4
Report Builder : 10.1.2.0.2

I created a report using Oracle Report Developer then I upload it to my Apps machine. After set all the executable and validation set I tested the report. At first the request completed with status Warning. Viewed the log I got warning like this :

REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file

After browse metalink and OTN (such as in http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread. ... 31#1026431; and in http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread. ... 156#582156;), it seems that the problem was because prefs.ora was not present in $HOME so I copied the prefs.ora file from /apps/tech_st/10.1.2/tools/admin to $HOME then I requested the reports again. This time that error didn't show up and the request completed normal but there's no output at all. The same report did show output when tested in Oracle Report Developer.

I opened the report file in Report Developer and tried to compile it (Tools > File Conversion) from rdf to rdf using different name then I copied the report and tested again. This time the request completed normal but still no output. When I viewed the log I got this error message:

Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: associative array shape is not consistent with session parameters has been detected in fnd_global.put(PERMISSION_CODE, FND_PERMIT_0000).

APP-FND-01564: Oracle error 6502 in FDXNC

Cause: FDXNC failed due to ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: associative array shape is not consistent with session parameters
ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_GLOBAL", line 1233
ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_GLOBAL", line 1432
ORA-06512: at line 1.

The SQL statement being executed at the time of the error was: begin fnd_global.set_nls_context( p_nls_numeric_characters => :nc ); end; and was executed from the file &ERRFILE.
The routine FDPREP was unable to set the numeric character to .,.

Now, anyone know how to solve that problem? thanks.
admin

Post by admin »

Please do one thing that get a running report from server and rename it. Copy your sql from your report in this and design and then upload. Hope it will work.

The possibility is while registering you selected correct module and data group. I am sure you will have the correct but just need to check.

I really appreciate the way you posted your topics with all information. Excellent...

Let us know the results.

Thanks
lukman

Post by lukman »

Pardon me if I'm wrong, so you suggest that I rename my report to a seeded report and test it again or tried to re-setup the report once more?

Don't understand what's the problem with Apps R12 but every installation gave us different problems :p

Anyway, I think I found the problem to my report (but not the solution yet :P). I tried to create the report once more but this time I designed it so that all the fields I need were only in 1 repeating frame and the report ran well but my needs was that the report to break in group, that's why I created nested repeating frame.

Having that conclusion I tried to display only some fields in only 1 repeating frame and the result was the request completed normal but none of the data displayed. I tried to display only ONE field in 1 repeating frame and got the same result. So the data would display only if I put in in a repeating frame and put all the field. Strange. Never experienced it before.

I remembered using the same report in another test instance and it worked fine, alas that instance was already destroyed so I can't compare with the new instance. I still got completed normal result but with no data even when I developed the same report but with another query.

If the report ran well in Report Developer then my guess the problem was with Oracle Apps, whether my setup was wrong or my instance crashed, am I right?

I'm still open to suggestion. Thanks
lukman

Post by lukman »

Ahahahaha, I finally found the solution to my problem. It's just a tiny human error but caused me a headache :P

And now for the solution :
For REP-0004: Warning: Unable to open user preference file error message

Just copy the prefs.ora file from /apps/tech_st/10.1.2/tools/admin to $HOME then the error message wouldn't show up anymore. Though based on my experience this error message can be omitted further analyze would be good to know if there's any impact to the system or performance or anything else.

For no data displayed error
Make sure the setup was right especially the token field as that was my problem. The token field was not the same as the bind variable in the report query, that's why the request completed normal and no data displayed :P it's very foolish of me to miss that simple thing.

thank you all
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for sharing with us your valuable experience. thanks