how to restrict a user from accessing an item

Here post Oracle Order Management related topics.
consultor

how to restrict a user from accessing an item

Post by consultor »

Hi,
Please help me with an issue.......... I need to restrict a user from accessing an item.
Please give your suggestions.....
imtiyaz

Post by imtiyaz »

Hi

Make a seprate price list and not include the restricted Item.

Give your feedback

Regards
consultor

Post by consultor »

Hi,
I will describe the scenario more clearly. In an inventory organization, say, there are two departments, D1 and D2. Users of department D1 should have access to items in D1 only and should not have access to items in D2. And vice versa for department D2.
The restriction is that all the items in D1 and D2 should be in a single price list. Items in D1 belong to item category IC1 and items in D2 belong to item category IC2.
So, where can we restrict users of department D1 from accessing item category IC2?
Please give your valuable suggestions.................

Regards,
Consultor
tabubakr

Post by tabubakr »

hi
you can try to use securty of flixfeeld cosept by creating in item flexfeeld a category flexfeeld , and assgin this item or items to new category to able to do the nesseccerry security on it ,,please see the (How to setup security for Subinventorydocument to help you to understand the logice)
you can log in to erpstuff>>purchasing and inventory>>How to setup security for Subinventory to download the document
by the same logic u can restrict users or responsibility from accessing the required items .
this is might help you
thanks

Tarek Abubakr
tabubakr

Post by tabubakr »

hi
you can try to use security of flixfeeld concept by creating in item flexfeeld a category flexfeeld , and assign this item or items to new category to able to do the necessarily security on it ,,please see the (How to setup security for Sub-inventory document to help you to understand the logic)
you can log in to erpstuff>>purchasing and inventory>>How to setup security for Sub-inventory to download the document
by the same logic u can restrict users or responsibility from accessing the required items .
this is might help you
thanks

Tarek Abubakr
consultor

Post by consultor »

Hi Bakr,
I am practising on Vision instance.. Could you brief me on Security rule elements(type is 'include' or 'exclude'... and the 'from' 'to')
In your document you have given security rule elements as 'ASRFA', 'ASRMAIN' AND 'W'.. Are these subinventories or users? In Vision instance I get as 'lov' has no entries in 'from', 'to' of security rule elements...
Awaiting your reply....

Thanks,
Consultor
consultor

Post by consultor »

hi Bakr,
Could you specify the navigations?

Thanks,
COnsultor
tabubakr

Post by tabubakr »

ASRFA and ASRMAIN are Sub-inventories not users, but you you can allocate required items to this sub-inventory / locators and restrict responsibility or specific users from access this sub-inventory /locator.

the main idea is to allocate item in subinventory / locator @(inventory>>setup>>organization>>subinventory>>Item/subinventory button)
and setup the security allowing access the locator flex field to specific responsibility or user.

TArEK