USING XX_organisation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
malick

USING XX_organisation

Post by malick »

Hi Guys,
I am trying to use the financial document with the XX_organization, XX_user to follow the AP, GL setup but I don't know wich instance to use to start with. If I do what is xx_user login account? Please, provide a detailed step get started with this document for me to be able to setup invoices, suppliers etc...

Thanks
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Malick
If you are referencing to a sample setup document or Oracle student guide, you should replace with xx with name of the actual setup item. ?xx_user login? this referencing to the Oracle User account so you need to create a user account and for login into the Oracle application .I did not understand the question ?Which instance to use to start with ? Are you talking which module to start with the setup . Are you going to start the setup of 11i or release 12 . either case there are many preliminary setups need to be completed before you start the configuration of GL module . Once you completed the preliminary setup and need to complete the GL module setup to configure other modules. Before you start setting up Oracle application, please read Oracle application Multiple Organization and General ledger Implementation Guides.

Preliminary setup
Business Group , Legal entity and operating unit and Inventory Organization and there many required setups like Accounting Flexfield structure ext , if your setup document has all these information , follow the setups , if you are stuck with setup or the document did not have the detailed setup information , let me know , I will provide you the details .

Thanks

Joy Thomas
malick

Post by malick »

Hi Joy!
Thanks for the quick response.Actually, I am aware of the preleminary setup before gl (bg, le, ou, inv org and location that would be shared by ap, ar and gl: these are my areas). setup coa and set of books. attache sob to le and futher on to responabilities in AP and ar. My question was erpstuff has created a document and i guess in solution beacon with xx_organisation, xx_user as a login account just for practice purposes and I was trying to use it but xx_user1 pwd is not working. So I am checking if somebody can still log in to it and could guide me on how to do so?
But i will still need you for some question:
How do you attach the sob to AP and AR? For GL i know?
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
We have not created any user anywhere. The documents contain XX to replace it with an ID when multiple users are practicing in a LAB to avoid any duplication and to secure own work. This is just a naming convention and you can change as per your own requirements.
You can use your own vision/prod instance to practice and one more thing even if you will create any account on such online instance then those will be replaced with fresh instance after few months.

Thanks