Payables Questions

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anu_uma

Payables Questions

Post by anu_uma »

Hi All,

Below are few listed questions for your references.... Hope it will be useful to the beginners and who ever want to share their knowledge can answer the questions, post the answers along with the questions

<b>Suppliers invoice batches</b>

1) What is the batch naming convention? Why do we have one?

2) What is the recommended maximum number of invoices you should put into a Batch?

3) What shouldn?t you mix up in a batch?

4) There is more than one account for the same supplier, which one do I choose?

5)How to print batch headers

6)Can I adjust or delete batch header details?

7)How do I delete an invoice if I have made an error?

8) How do I cancel an invoice that has been approved?

9)I have entered an expense claim with the wrong invoice type, how do I correct this error

10)How can I amend input errors on my distribution window

11)After running the batch approval process, how do I confirm that all the invoices in the batch have been approved?

12)I have approved my invoices but don't know where they have gone for secondary approval?

13)An invoice was not approved in my batch of 10 invoices. Does this stop the rest from being processed further?

<b>
Payments and terms</b>

14) What is the difference between the ?pay-alone? paygroup and the ?pay-alone? tick box? When should you use these?

15) What pay group should you use for all the other currencies?

<b>Distributions</b>

16) For what reasons might you manually split your distributions and enter more than one line?
17) a) Where do you enter your project codes if paying an invoice from a grant?

b) Why should you never touch or enter the GL code when paying from a grant?

<b>Matching</b>

18) What should you change the invoice type to when matching to a Purchase Order?

b) Explain the ways of matching

19) After you have matched to a Purchase Order for what reasons might you add or Payables change a distribution line?

Miscellaneous
20) What does the status change to once the invoice has been through Primary Validation? What hold does the system always give you?

21) What are the differences between internal and external supplier invoices?

22) What report can you run as a month-end house-keeping tool?

Credit Notes

23) What should you change the payment terms to when entering a credit note?

24) How many levels of approval does a credit note have to go through?
Why?
Rekha

Post by Rekha »

Hi Uma,

Just trying to answer some of your questions...

Invoice batches are basically meant to group a similar type of invoices may be for a single supplier or the invoices having similar payment terms etc... All the invoices in a batch can be simulateneously validated and accounted....this is the main purpose of batches....

2)There is no restriction for number of invoices to be put in a batch..but if you give the control total amount..then the sum of all the invoices in a batch shouldnt exceed this

4) not clear with 4th ques..do you mean to say you have more than one site for a supplier? If a supplier has number of locations ,some may be used only for purchasing, rfq etc...select the appropriate one..

matching

20)You can use matching even with standard as the invoice type...but also you can also use quick match

21)You can match either to a PO or a recipt...
po is 2 way and recipt 3 way

i,e in 2 way you are just matching invoice with a PO..matching the qty and the price and in 3 way you are matching qty ordereed ,price and qty received.

debit memo and credit memo would be mathed to an invoice

will try to answer rest :)

Regards
Rekha
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Rekha,
Thanks for your reply... I have answers for my questions, these questions are posted for the beginners and i get lot of mails from this site for FAQ's and Resume Model.........

Just for their sake I have posted it and your replies are appreciated....as it will be useful to Others.

Thanks
hbabhu

Post by hbabhu »

Hi uma,

14) What is the difference between the ?pay-alone? paygroup and the ?pay-alone? tick box? When should you use these?

Pay alone-It should be used in supplier site level,if option is check the payable use separate payment document and should not be club with other document.

Pay group-it is recategories of supplier invoice, for easy payment purpose and reporting purpose. is should be create through quick codes.u can create varity co code different between supplier Eg. retailer, partmnership,civil contract etc.

18) explain the way of matching
A.2 way match(invoice with po)
B.3 way match.(invoice,po,along with receipt)
C.4 way match.invoice,PO,Receipt,along with inception)

23) What should you change the payment terms to when entering a credit note?
a. Immediate.

18) What should you change the invoice type to when matching to a Purchase Order?
a.Po default and quick match both invoice type u can use to purchase order but main difference is po default is manually match to your po, but quick match I can be done automatically.

24) How many levels of approval does a credit note have to go through?
The invoice approval process one of the 2 way,one is through online u valiate the invoice or else u run separate program invoice approval program.

Incase if u r using online approval process follow below step.
Setup #61664;options#61664;invoice tab
Allow online validation is set to yes.
Use invoice approval workflow is set to yes.

20) What does the status change to once the invoice has been through Primary Validation? What hold does the system always give you?
Status is manually approved?..and invoice hold reason(I think but am not sure)

i think it will be helpfull to others...............
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

A1: The batch names are used for grouping the invoices as per the requirement like
1:by giving the date in which these invoices are entered as you may see in banks,insurance...
2:to know to which catagory it belongs to so that it can be find out very esily
3:some time diferent batch has to approved by the different managers as per their policies so that we have to group them as per their convenience...

A2:no of invoices in a batch stop the data entery operator from doing the mistakes as he/she has to count the invoice amount or the invoice no and this how you can also terace them very easily at the time of reconcilation....

i will reply rest of the question soon...
muthyala

Post by muthyala »

hi anu
pls explain those things ?

Rgds
Muthyala