Employee Number Update

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
mamajid

Employee Number Update

Post by mamajid »

Hi to All

I have a question regarding employee number updating. Situation is some thing like this:

I introduced a new employee in a system assigning him employee number e.g. <b>0001</b>. I haven't defined any assignment yet. Now after a week I required to change employee number from <b>0001</b> to <b>0100</b>. Is it possible if this employee number haven't referenced any forward.

Regards

Majid
ERP_GURU

Post by ERP_GURU »

Hi Majid,

You CANNOT physically change the EMPLOYEE_NUMBER value for an employee as that value is carried in multiple tables with the Oracle applications.

The only way for an employee to be assigned a new EMPLOYEE_NUMBER value is to terminate the employee, and then hire as a NEW HIRE.

If you are working for US localization then Profile Option, HR: National Identifier Validation must be set to either 'No Validation' or 'Warning on Fail' in order for this to work .

Thanks,
Saurabh