Secondary Ledgers

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Yellosouljah

Secondary Ledgers

Post by Yellosouljah »

Hi,

I am currently working on a global rollout and am looking at the GL ledger setup. Currently there is a huge amount of consolidation involved in the current setup, which I would like to streamline by using secondary ledgers, so that the journals are created automatically. My question is this. Is it possible to have ledger as a primary ledger with a secondary ledger attached, however in another context that secondary ledger is also a primary ledger with a secondary ledger attached? This way I could completely streamline the solution and just have consolidation at the top level.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Kind Regards,

Yello
admin

Post by admin »

I don't think you can attach PL to a SL while for consolidation why don't you use Management set of books (Ledger Set)? tks
Yellosouljah

Post by Yellosouljah »

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I am thinking that I may have to use Primary to Secondary as far as possible and then create a consolidation set for the STAT ledgers from GAAP. I was hoping there might be a way to just use secondary ledgers to make it more streamlined.