REVALUATION ACCOUNT

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
k.khan

REVALUATION ACCOUNT

Post by k.khan »

hi
I have processed the revaluation and it has created the revaluation
journal as well which I have posted but even though the unrealised gain and loss account (given in the process) is not giving any figure....
plz reply

thanks
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi

can you please elaborate your question. Please tell me the exact details and i will try to explain

Regards

Sridhar
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Hi,
After entring the rates(EUR) in the setup...I went back to the revaluation
screen and then enter the gain and loss account after entering the curruncy information....revaluation process completed succesfully....
rate difference was of some rupees which should reflect in the respective gain and loss account given at the revaluation window but it comes up empty....journols are all of posted status...revalution journol too is of posted status....
One thing which i would like to mention is that the revalution journol(EURO) is showing 0 debit 0 credit but when you review the journol euro is 0 but the converted curruncy is showing converted balance...as per the rate....

is this clear now

thanks
liz

Post by liz »

Hi K,

The revaluation adjustment is created in your functional currency, this is where the fluctuation is. The foreign currency of the transaction will stay the same, it is the functional currency balance that is adjusted.
When you look at the revaluation entry on the Enter Journals form, you should see Entered Debits/Credits equal to zero. The Converted Debits/Credits should be the revaluation adjustment, you should see an amount here.

Thanks

Liz
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Hi,
you are right liz but the difference in the functional curuncy means at the time of data entry it was 10 and now it has climbed to 12 then the net effect of 2 should be there in the gain and loss account given at the
time of revaluation....but it is not there that the main probleum is

thanks alot for your reply
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

but the question may arise that why on the journol level info it is showing 0 debit and 0 credit when there is amount in the the functional
curruncy which is the adjustment of rate difference.....First I have deleted many such journols on seeing the impact zero latter I review the journol then I came to know this....
amit_gupta

Post by amit_gupta »

Hi,

the Journal enter Debit(EURO) and Credit(EURO) will show 0 because there is no change in the actual amount that is if its 1 EURO earlier than its 1 euro today also but the fluctation is in the ruppees to euro(eg earlier 1 euro is equal to Rs. 10 now 1 euro is equal Rs. 12) so the change in only your Fuctional currency and thats why balance is shown under the Converted Debit and converted Credit.

Is I am correct Mr. Sridhar and Liz.

Regards
Amit Gupta
rahmath_hyd

Post by rahmath_hyd »

hi this is rahmath from usa..for revaluation the first set up is
(1)open/closing period. and the first period should be opened according to (FASB) rule. ex: u run the revalution in feb to open the jan, feb,mar.
note: do not forget the define un relised gain/loss a/c in ur chat of accounting. after that u go head steps for revaluation....bye.,,. any doubt get back to me...bye...

[quote]hi
I have processed the revaluation and it has created the revaluation
journal as well which I have posted but even though the unrealised gain and loss account (given in the process) is not giving any figure....
plz reply

thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by k.khan
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

hi..
yes I have checked it out in the open/close window it is appears to be
latest open period...If it is not then how can i post the journol in to it...

thanks