Options in Payables

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajib.banerjee

Options in Payables

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi,
Can any one tell me why there is Payable option as well as Financial Option is Payable? I need the utility of having both the options..
Thanks
Yadav

Post by Yadav »

Hi
This is fundamental question, suggest u go through the User Guide.

Thanks
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Dear friend,
If you do not have any solution in mind or your concepts doesn't permit you to do that plz. don't answer by referring to PDFs cause everyone who deals with Oracle Apps knows the utility and availability of PDFs. You are most welcome to try out any solution which may be wrong too and there will be scope for discussion and improvement of knowledge and relationship. But basic concept , refer to manual are vague talks which I think is not appreciable from professionals.
Thanks.
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

Dear rajib.banerjee

I am extremely sorry to say this, Please don't hurt others. They might have given you the reply with right opinion in mind.,

When it comes to your querry:

Both the options are set to be defaulted at the time of following entries:
Suppliers, Purchase Order Entry, Invoice Entry and Automatic Payments.

Financial Options:
Financial Options will default when you define your Suppliers, Purchase Orders, Invoice Entry etc.,
These setups are shared by Payables, Purchasing and Assets module.

Payables Options:

1) These options are used to <b>setup Control</b>s in Payables module. Most of the options handle how to account the transaction and at what even these need to be accounted.

This is overall idea about setup options (Financials & Payables). However, I have a document with screensnaps, (Ofcourse, copied from Userguide only but with screen snaps in a Point-to-Point manner).

If you want, you can contact me at upendra2020@gmail.com

Upendra DOnepudi