Withholding Tax

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajib.banerjee

Withholding Tax

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi friends,

Please help me.. Can anyone provide me with the concept, setup, process involved and accouting of Withholding Tax in Oracle Apps?

Thanks
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Dear Admin,
Please help me with this topic..It is urgent
Thanks
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hi,

With holding tax means ,out of payment amount some amt is with held and has to be pay to the Government directly .For better understanding
u can take TDS for income tax purpose..

<b>Implementation setups:</b>
1.Govt has to be defined as supplier
2.Define a special cal
3.Define With holding tax group.
4.Set payable options-with holding tax tab
5.Tax group has to be attached with the supplier site.
paromita

Post by paromita »

u would need to make an invoice for the supplier(not the tax authority) with the withholding tax group attached with it.(go to menu-->extra buttons icon to get this new column.) then validate the invoice . u would find that the tax is calculated in the withholding tax column.
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

Dear Srinu

Can you tell me, where to create Tax Group and what are the important things involved in creating a tax group

Upendra
ravirk1

Post by ravirk1 »

While Creating the Tax codes in the withholding tax details window(Setup-Tax Code-withholding tax details) check the check box create Tax group. This will create the tax groups automatically. Otherwise define the tax groups seperatly from setups-tax- Groups.