R12 Gl setups

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
muskan

R12 Gl setups

Post by muskan »

hi
i am going to work over R12 ver plz tell me what is this subsidiary or primary leger all that which is different from 11i, so plz help me out
brahmaji

Post by brahmaji »

Hi ,

In 12i there is no set of Books, now we are calling as Ledger . we can create Primary Ledger ,Secondary Ledger and Reporting Currency under Legal Entity .

Regards,

Brahmaji N ( Apps Functional Consultant)
muskan

Post by muskan »

thanks brahmaji but that not enough i mean i know SOB is not there....i want to know how this primary and secondary coorelate to one and other etc
what are the steps and if possible if u have the screen shots of it then plz forward it..its my request to all the memebers plz help me out

muskanHIT@gmail.com
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Muskan,

Set of Books is replaced by Ledgers in Release 12
Set of Books = Calendar, Currency , Chart of Accounts
Ledger = Calendar, Currency , Chart of Accounts, aCcounting Method

This Ledger is further classified in to Primary Ledger, Secondary Ledger and Reporting Ledger.
Primary Ledger : It is nothing but the same SOB which we had in rel 11 with accounting methods that is all.... !
Reporting Ledger : It is nothing but the Reporting Set of Books which u had in rel 11
( It is a replica of the Primary Ledger, but figures are in different currencies )

Secondary Ledger: It is a replica of the Primary Ledger..... carrying a different requirements ( Primary ledger may be of accrual basis, secondary ledger may be of cash basis)
Posting an entry in primary ledger will create in unposted entry in secondary ledger automatically !
aamir ashfaq

Post by aamir ashfaq »

great explanation karthikeyanp
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Great explanation and reallyapprecialble.