11i and 12i differances

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
manpreet

11i and 12i differances

Post by manpreet »

dear friends,

will anybody tell me what is the main differance between 11i
and new release 12i to the functional consultant point of view.

thanking you
manpreet singh
mah.rukh

Post by mah.rukh »

First it is R12 not 12i. Secondly now in Financials there is SLA (Sub Ledger Accounting) which was not in 11i.
bnvsudhakar

Post by bnvsudhakar »

hi
thanks
amk2135

Post by amk2135 »

Set of books are replaced by ledgers in release 12
Legal entities are created using accounting setup manager or legal entity manager/configuration in release 12
Operating units can also be created in accounting setup manager itself in release 12
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Manpreet

Similar question was asked by Sudhakar, Please have look.

Regards,
Shashi.
amk2135

Post by amk2135 »

12i Features

Release 12.0 is designed to increase the ease with which you understand and process your worldwide business and address compliance in every nation. It reflects the maturity of several initiatives designed to rationalize subledger bookkeeping, generalize transaction tax compliance and improve access to subledger data, with the intention of both facilitating subledger shared services and improving and standardizing throughput. Also in support of shared service ideals, we?ve revised our bank and disbursement models.

We?ve distinguished the data from the management of general ledgers, improved legal entity support and intercompany processing, and built a new row and column consolidation system, rich in financial management functions. These features are designed to expedite your regional and group control, lower your finance expenses, and speed decision making by centralizing the processing of dispersed data. Daily Business Intelligence is greatly expanded, and XMLPublisher brings powerful report customization to the end-user?s desktop. Your decision-making requirements also drove radical improvements to our budgeting, profit management and activity analytics, which along with the new Financial Consolidation Hub are applications built on the shared Enterprise Performance Foundation.

In addition to these initiatives, we?ve included many more enhancements and new features to the E-Business Suite.

In Release 11i, a user assigned to an Operating Unit (OU) would process data from the products deployed in that OU. To process data for another OU, a user would log out of the first and into the second. The data generated in that OU would be accounted for according to rules generated by various product accounting engines, and posted to general ledger in ways appropriate for the
different products, some generating part of the detail at different times in the process. General Ledger sets of books (SoB) were self-contained, reflecting the balances of the entity to which you?d assigned the SoB, and managed by users assigned to the SoB.

In Release 12.0, by contrast, users can be assigned to multiple operating units, and are supported by processes and transactions that can span operating units. Their data is book-kept according to rules stored in a single accounting engine, and the accounting is stored in subledger tables that are standard across all products. Complete accounting is maintained for every appropriate event, and all subledger entries are fully balanced and detailed. A single, common posting engine summarizes to your required level of detail, and posts to General Ledger. Sets of Books are replaced by the accounting entity?s ?ledger? for data, and its ?Ledger Set? for processing, from reporting, opening and closing, through allocations. Ledgers can be combined into ledger sets, and GL users are assigned to the ledger sets

User access to multiple operating units is called ?Multi-Org Access Control?, (MOAC). The new subledger accounting architecture is described in the Subledger Accounting (SLA) section. Ledgers, ledger sets and multiple ledgers are described in the General Ledger section.

Terminology

Term Definition

Ledger Defined in Oracle General Ledger, one or more legal or
Business entities that share a common chart of accounts
Calendar, currency and accounting method. Ledgers
Replaces SOB in 12.0

Ledger sets A group of Ledgers that share the same chart of accounts
Calendar, currency and period type. In oracle General ledger
They enable to perform certain operations for multiple ledgers
At the same time, ie opening period and running reports.

Set of Books A SOB is converted to Ledger in release 12.0

Oracle General Ledger facilitates the organizations in the tasks like Financial Control, Data Collection, Information Access and Financial reporting and analysis. The following is a list of Oracle General Ledger, new features/options available in this Release 12. There will be many more features as here I have listed just those which I noticed.

1) The feature Set of Books is no more and concept of Primary Ledger and Secondary Ledgers is introduced.

2) For the setup of Primary Ledger and Secondary Ledgers is done using Accounting Setup Manager (ASM).

3) With Accounting Flex field a new flex field is now available which GL Ledger Flex field is. It is created using Program - Generate Ledger Flex field by adding an additional segment in the
Primary Accounting Flex field.

4) In additional of existing flex field qualifiers new qualifier named Flex field Qualifier -
Management Segment is added. You can optionally assign a management segment if you want
to secure management values or perform management reporting. The management segment
Can be any segment, except the balancing segment or natural account segment. Typically, the
Management segment is a segment that has management responsibility, such as the
Department, cost center, or line of business. By designating a segment of your chart of
accounts to be the management segment, you can secure access to the management segment
Values with data access sets.
We can assign a management segment to an existing chart of accounts at any time by running two programs in sequence (Prepare Journal Batches for Management Segment Upgrade and Complete Management Segment Upgrade).
amk2135

Post by amk2135 »

Major differences between 11i and 12i

Terminologies

11i
12i

Sets of Books Ledgers------------------------------Ledgers

Global Accounting Engine Subledger Accounting--SLA Subledger
Accounting ? SLA
AX Posting Sets of Books Secondary Ledgers-----Secondary Ledgers

Global Intercompany System-----------------------Advanced Global Intercompany System

GL Intercompany Accounts-------------------------Intracompany Balancing

Translated Currency--------------------------------Balance Level Reporting Currencies
Multiple Reporting Currencies ? MRC--------------Reporting Currencies-RC

MRC Primary Set of Books-------------------------Primary Ledger

MRC Reporting Set of Books-----------------------Reporting Currency
Thin MRC Reporting Book--------------------------Journal level RC
Full MRC Reporting Book---------------------------Subledger level RC
Translated Balance---------------------------------Balance Level RC
Supplier---------------------------------------------Trading Partner
manpreet

Post by manpreet »

dear friends,

thanks to all of you for a wonderful suggestion

anything else want to share plese

come forword

regards
manpreet singh
kumar_apps

Post by kumar_apps »

Hi AMK,

Its a perferect explaination on the new features & enhancements, thanks contributing this.

Regards
Kumar