Sub-inventory mapping??????

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
nass_kp

Sub-inventory mapping??????

Post by nass_kp »

My company's requirement is that each sub-inventory should have its own operating account while transferring to GL. But while defining sub-inventories I can't change the Material account as it picks it up from the Inventory setup.

For example : FOOD sub-inventory should have all its inflow and outflow transactions mapped to GL account 0550.002 and BEV should have it mapped to GL account 0550.003.

How can I achieve this?
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Nass,

Main purpose i pre-assume is to financially differenciate each sub-inventory. This will help in maintaining financial records. To do this you can decide to change any of the accounting flexfeild compbination. For eg you can make changes in the dept codes to acheive this. Can you please share with us the accounting flexfeilds you are using?[?]
nass_kp

Post by nass_kp »

Currently my company has corporate account
which is '098.000.000.<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>0451.000</span id='hl'>.0000' (0451 is Inventory account and sub-account is 000)

We are currently setting up new operating unit which have their own inventory. They want to map each of their sub-inventory to a different sub-account

The new company is '100' and the account is the same '0451', but they want separate sub-accounts each for their sub-inventories like 'BAKERY', 'BUTCHER', 'STEWARD', 'EMP DINING' sub-inventories.

So how can I accomplish this..................

We are using AVG Costing for the Inventory setup.