Distribution Sets

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
mailatgks

Distribution Sets

Post by mailatgks »

Hi guru's

what is distribution set? in wat are the modules does the distribution set available

Plz give me a brief ans
mpdhas@gmail.com

Post by mpdhas@gmail.com »

Hai,
Distribution set is to distribute invoice amount in AP to different GL code combinations. Once a distribution set is created you can attach it at the invoice header level so that the distribution lines will be automatically filled up. For example you are paying rent to be accounted for different departments/cost centers. As it is a regular recurring transaction each month you can attach the distribution set at the header .The distribution lines will be automatically filled for any number of lines. It saves data entry job.

TYPES
2 Types of Distribution sets
1.Full distribution set
2.Skelton Distribution set
Any further clarifications in this regard is appreciated
regards
Dhas
dileepkumar

Post by dileepkumar »

Distribution set contains information about expenses head the ratio in which each of the expeses account should be debited

There are two types of Sets

1.Full Distribution Set
2.Skellton
kkmundhra

Post by kkmundhra »

Hi
Distribution sets is also used in FA module to distribute depreciation expense across different departments/cost centers.

Thanks
Karan
Subramanian kn

Post by Subramanian kn »

Hi karan,

Can you please tel m the Steps and Setups how to distribute depreciation expenses?

Regards,
Subramanian KN
nass_kp

Post by nass_kp »

I already have some assets whose depreciation is run, now I want to specify the new distribution sets for those assets.

Is that possible?
ramsabi

Post by ramsabi »

[quote]Hi karan,

Can you please tel m the Steps and Setups how to distribute depreciation expenses?

Regards,
Subramanian KN

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Subramanian kn