Tracking Assets

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Amirali

Tracking Assets

Post by Amirali »

i am looking for the solution, problem is my client has the policy that it gives every employee the cell phone with the connection. the purchasing department out here purchases the cell phone which is expense out because as per the policy of the company the amount is not that enough to be capitalized. now the company made the policy to track every cell phone of the employee. if the employee is promoted to new cell phone or left the company or the ownership is been transferred to someone else how they will update the status. keeping in mind at the time of receiving of the cell phone its been expensed out so it can't be forward to FA module directly. now if i add cell phone directly to the FA module what implication would i face at GL level. plus requirement is it should be added at 0 price level so that GL should not be effected. its just a tracking purpose only. so can you tell me how this problem should be address.

i know its not the oracle module functionality but its the just the concept/business process working to be worked on. so need you advice.
sree02.oracle

Post by sree02.oracle »

Hi,

If ur purpose is only tracking of asset, Just Upload the Asset with '0' value in FA, and add one more segment 'Employee' in Asset Location Flexfield so u can track the asset by employee. When u are transferring mobile fron one employee to another employee u can use 'Asset Assignment' option, it will transfer asset to the specified employee.
Amirali

Post by Amirali »

hmm i had the same solution but i need to keep the history as well will it be doing it y am i asking this because i don't have FA module background.
PS001

Post by PS001 »

In the asset workbench, in the asset type select the LOV 'expensed". This will allow you to track all assets which have been expensed or operating lease assets. Once the LOV has been selected no dep will be computed and the asset will be tracked
kkmundhra

Post by kkmundhra »

Hi Amirali

You can change the details in the "Assignments" region in the Asset workbench if any employee has left the organization or upgraded to newer cell phone.

Thanks
Karan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Amir

As PS & karan said you record asset as expended so there will be no dep. charge on it and then assign it to Employee. If any employee leave the org then you can re-assign it to any other employee.

thanks,

Aman
RFSmart

Post by RFSmart »

Keeping track of your inventory is critical to maintaining effective workflows. To do this typically you need to implement a Warehouse Management Solution

There are three helpful keys to determining a viable alternative to a full-blown WMS ?

1. gain the mobility and functionality your company needs,
2. avoid the list of risks that come with standalone WMS add-ons, and
3. avoid unnecessarily high costs.

First, functionality. An alternative such as RF-SMART can provide WMS-type functionality and therefore similar benefits as a WMS. The below benefits can be gained from RF-SMART and are the same as those noted for a WMS:
1. Increased inventory accuracy because of better inventory management
2. Increased productivity with workflow controls and task management
3. Increased visibility and communication along the supply chain
4. Improved shipping accuracy
5. Increased order accuracy
6. More timely order fulfillment
7. Reduced direct operating costs
8. Increased overall revenue
9. Increased customer satisfaction

RF Smart can provide the real time visibility to constantly track all of your assets.

http://www.rfsmart.com/