Wrong Liability account taken (AP 11i)

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
benny

Wrong Liability account taken (AP 11i)

Post by benny »

Hello ERPSTUFF members !

My client has an issue, some of the Payables invoices (11i) were recorded with incorrect Liability account. Some of these invoices are old as 2005 also, these invoices have not yet been paid but they are transfered to GL.

Could some one suggest a solution to correct these invoices with incorrect liability account.

We have thought of cancelling these invoices and then reentering them as when we tried to reverse these transactions we were having a issue with the tax line.

Would appreciate your solutions to this issue.

Thanks
Ben[?]
monudell

Post by monudell »

Changing Prior year accounting may be a problem. Need to look GAAP for that. Current period can be easily change by making a entry in gl. for eg if 40005 in the incorrect account and the bal is $100000 just make a entry dr 40005 and cr the correct account and this should fix it.
Sushil

Post by Sushil »

Entry in Gl..hmmm.. might not work.. say if this Invoice is ultimately paid then it would lead to a debit in the liability account (incorrect one).. might create more problems .. hence not advisable.. best solution is to cancel the invices and reenter.. else try to change the liability account from the back end..
hope this helps.
Sushil
admin

Post by admin »

There will be no direct way to do this. While back end updation is not recommended so better to create an SR with Oracle Support if they will provide you a datafix. Thanks
benny

Post by benny »

Guys,

Thanks alot for your valuable advise.

Regards
Ben[?]
Willynelly1

Post by Willynelly1 »

Hi all,

I think its very simple, have a look ...

1. standard invoice dated year 2005 lets say for us$ 5000.00 and wrong liability account, posted to GL.

Solution:

Make one debit memo for the above supplier for us$5000 any date opened period in payable, and select both Standard invoice and debit memo by pressing control button, and pay by zero bank. Debit memo destribution will be 91101 (control account).
2. Change the actual liability accound code for the above supplier and make again standard invoice. Post to GL and u r done!.

Accounting entries:

1. wrong standard invoice - Debit expenses/assets etc..
credit - Liability account.

2. debit memo - Debit liability account (wrong one)
and credit controll account.

3. Actual standard invoice - Debit Controll account and Credit actual Liability account.

Hope this will solve your problem without raising SR!.

Regards,

William.