With out invoice can we make the payment?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
laxmaredy.mn

With out invoice can we make the payment?

Post by laxmaredy.mn »

With out invoice can we make the payment to suplier? If yes how, please give process of navigation. Thank you for all.
admin

Post by admin »

No you need an invoice for payment. thanks
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

Without supplier we can't create Invoice.

Without Invoice we can't make payment.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
What made you to post this question ? is it a R&D Question or do u have any requirement like this???

How can we track the details if we make payment without an invoice and How a payables assistant can remember for what the payment is made???

What ever it is we cant make the payment without an invoice

With out invoice can we make the payment to suplier? If yes how, please give process of navigation. Thank you for all.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by laxmaredy.mn - 01/05/2007 : 06:35:21 AM</div id="right"></i>
Thanks
benny

Post by benny »

Hi,
Cant we use the pay on receipt option and make the payment?
muthyala

Post by muthyala »

hi
we cant make the payment without an invoice

Rgds
Muthyala
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

there is no 'On Account' feature available in AP to make payment without invoice... but what u can do is to Create an Pre payment invoice and make payment ! Obviously Prepayment is also an invoice type, so No INVOICE No PAYMENT !
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Benny ,

What is the purpose of the pay on receipt program???
It automatically creates invoice for the purchases made....... and we are making payments based on the invoices created.....

Hi,
Cant we use the pay on receipt option and make the payment?

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by benny - 03/05/2007 : 03:46:57 AM</div id="right"></i>

TIA
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

there is no 'On Account' feature available in AP to make payment without invoice... but what u can do is to Create an Pre payment invoice and make payment ! Obviously Prepayment is also an invoice type, so No INVOICE No PAYMENT !

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981 - 03/05/2007 : 10:46:03 PM</div id="right"></i>
Not Only the Prepayment is a type of Invoice, later on you have to adjust the prepayment with an invoice or the prepayment invoice has to be off permanent type..... As u said, without invoice - we cant make payments...

TIA
maajid

Post by maajid »

Even if an INVOICE is on a scrappy paper that will be ok as an invoice to make payment.

Without an Invoice you are fiddling your accounts and therefore liable for fraud

If its a ONe off payment eg, window cleaning, u can pay thru petty cash...

Yes u can do this BUT it is fraud and no audit trail exists. The system will reference an invoice number, but u will not have a PHYSICAL copy of that invoice.
kappalavijay

Post by kappalavijay »

We can put it in the advance and pay as soon as we receive inv we can make AP voucher and advance amt can be reversed.

While giving Advance:

Dr Advance A/c xxxxx
Cr Liability A/c xxxxx

Dr Liability A/c xxxxx
Cr Bank A/c xxxxx

After booking AP Expenses:(Dr memo or Cr memo)

Dr Liabiliyt A/c xxxxx(With Advance amt)
Cr Advance A/c xxxxx
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

hi..
the scenario may be to pay petty cash,entertainment allowances etc ...for that you have make a dummy supplier for that....

thanks
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi Everybody

Being Consultants our role is to find a solution and do not say blindly NO to anything. This could be a Good Interview Question. Try to find alternate ways, by which you can address this issue

Yes. I do agree there is no standard way to make Payment without an Invoice in Payables. Still we need to handle the issue

Three Ways of making this Happen, but all the three options are possible only when you issue manual cheques. This is your role to convince the client.

a) Create a JV in GL debiting the Expense Account and crediting the Bank account and issue manual cheque and you can reconcile this transaction.

b) In Receivables, Create a Receivable activity and make a negative Miscellaneous Receipt and issue Manual cheque. This will also Debit Expense and Credit Bank Account and still you can perform Reconciliation

c) In Payables, Create one Dummy Supplier and use it for all one time
Payments and in Description of the Invoice mention the Nature of Payment and the person to whom it is paid and issue Manual Check

Hope this helps [:X]

Regards
Sivakumar
kumar_apps

Post by kumar_apps »

Good Explanation
really useful
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Folks,

a valueble discussion against on most common point and Mr. Siva Kumar has given some good probable solutions.

but still i am having doubts as follows On points a&C.

a) Create a JV in GL debiting the Expense Account and crediting the Bank account and issue manual cheque and you can reconcile this transaction.

c) In Payables, Create one Dummy Supplier and use it for all one time
Payments and in Description of the Invoice mention the Nature of Payment and the person to whom it is paid and issue Manual Check

As per the explanation in Point a, we have entered in JE in GL manually, how the trial balance will be satisfied as the GL Trail Balance will be higher than the AP Trail Balance. How can we make eqully balancing.

Next , as per point C explnation, when i am trying to make payment by selecting Manual method in Payment window , i am getting error message,"THE PAYMENT DOCUMENT HAS NO ASSOCIATED INVOICE PAYMENTS".

My doubt is How can we make eqully balancing the AP&GL Traial balances as far Oracle ERP point of view, when you make transactions by entering the JE in GL manually and payment given through manaul chenck

Let me know.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle