Not able to Use APPS INSTANCE

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
anu_uma

Not able to Use APPS INSTANCE

Post by anu_uma »

Hi all,
I am not able to use the vision instance installed in windows advanced 2000 server in my PC.

I have been using it since yesterday.

I tried to install a new hard disk to my PC, in which i have the windows XP OS to access the internet......

Generally I used to hibernate my system instead of Shutting down the PC. But during the course of installation of windows xp, i was forced to restart the machine. after the successful completion of the win XP, I am able to boot with win 2000 server(in 250 GB HDD) and XP in 80 GB HDD....

Reason for the new hard disk drive - not able to access internet with win 2000 server... my ISP provider doesnot provide access with win 2000 server...............

Can anyone suggest me what could be the reason for not able to access the apps instance ????

Is there any way to work with the instance without doing any re-installation
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Admin,

I need your assistance to use my vision instance.....
Your Suggestions are very much appreciated.....
Please help me to correct and use the same.

TIA
admin

Post by admin »

Pl let me know what exactly error you are getting while accessing the apps instance. You are able to start services?

Secondly for such installation like your requirement I would prefer you should use VMWare.

Thanks
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Admin,
I am not able to get the login screen at all.

When I click on the internet explorer - I get the message page cannot be displayed....

Can you please explain about VMWware, I have heard about VMware but I dont what is the purpose and usage of it?

TIA
sudhakarpv5

Post by sudhakarpv5 »

Hi Anu,

First of all, are all the Application Services up and running?
If so, then you can easily login without any problems and there is nothing wrong with the XP installation you did.