Logic Required to Slove

To discuss Oracle Forms & Reports related technical issues.
siva27

Logic Required to Slove

Post by siva27 »

Hi All,

I have a Form with 2 frames.And i have one table which consists of 10 Columns.In ist Frame i'm using 4 columns and Layout Style as Form.
the remaing 6columns i have used seperate frame with Layout Style as Tabular Form.

But my requirement is that for 1st time i will insert the data and it will store.
If i query i will get the exsisting data from database.
Again i want to insert new record in 2nd Tabular Frame,But 1st frame data sholud be the same.And even i should have have any right to update the exsisting records.

Again if i query i will get 2records in the Tabular Frame,if again insert 3rd record it has to insert by keep the 1st Frame data as it is ?

This is how i need please any one can help me to come out of this problem.
If u have any sample code for that u can pls forward.I will be thankful to u all.

Regards
Siva
musman

Post by musman »

Sorry what you want to ask , your question is not clear,Please first clear it.
Balaji Kancharla

Post by Balaji Kancharla »

Let me put your issue in this way, two frames with different objective one to enter and save and another to update, 4 coloumns are used for first frame and 6 coloumns for next frame . when you insert data in first frame it should save to databse table. and next in second frmae also if you insert data it should also save. But when you query you should be able to view both the rows ( data saved from sepearte frames)?

Am i correct?

If yes, then can you compare your scenario with real time case, how can you match this kind of scenario, in which case is it useful.

I think you are trying to make simple thing complex, in such case you need to use a third frame in which you create a logic in such a way that you can view all the data that is saved to database with different screens.

Pls. get back to me incase of any further clarification.