FSG-issues:

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
k.khan

FSG-issues:

Post by k.khan »

hi,
is it possible to form opening balance column in a report when we are using PTD-Actual....or if YTD-Actual...
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

hi,
is it possible to form opening balance column in a report when we are using PTD-Actual....or if YTD-Actual...

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by k.khan - 11/06/2007 : 10:58:29 PM</div id="right"></i>
Why not? Previous periods closing balance must be the opening balance of this period. Try with that. If you want PTD-Actual opening balance, then use PTD-Actual of previous period. If it is YTD-Actual, then take the previous year YTD-Actual. I believe, this serves your request.

Upendra Donepudi
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

not so because the total of previous month/year is 6666 and the closing of each month cary forward to the other is 17777 if i take the closing of previous month(6666) it will be different from the prevoius month/years carry forwad total(17777) which i want in the opening....
hope that you will understand what i mean to say.
thanks alot for your contribution
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

Assume you are trying to retrieve the balance of period 11 and you want opening balance also as one column, then you select - "YTD_Actual" Period 10. Then you will get the accumulated balance i.e., what you mentioned. Is it OK ?
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Khan,

YTD Actual will give you the current value and as per the suggestions of Upendra you can add a coulumn to capture the previous month closing balance as opening balance

Thanks
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

I m not clear about this issue. any body explain plz
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

thanks alot for your valueable advices,I have made it and it is in the state of testing...

the problem was i want to restrict the opening balance to any period so that i can compare it with the rest to form the comparison reports.
once again thanks alot.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

hi all,
in the amount type window there is project to date types,what does it means and where we use it....
i think it is with oracle project modules.
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

Project to Date is used when Project Accounting Module is implemented.

Is it OK