Document Sequencing in GL.

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
zubair

Document Sequencing in GL.

Post by zubair »

Suppose we have define Two Document Sequences "a001" and "b001" then we define a Document Category "ab" and assign those two sequences "a001" and "b001" to "ab" Category.Then we change the system profile "Default Category" for the General Ledger Super user and set it to "ab".

<b>My question is while entering a JV.which sequence will be used to generate a Document Number for that specific JV ?</b>
ahsan.global

Post by ahsan.global »

friend...

I think it depends upon what catagory you selected in making Journal Voucher...
admin

Post by admin »

You can't assign two sequences to one category in same date range and with same method (automatic/manual). thanks
zubair

Post by zubair »

Thanks !!!

Its mean a sequence is assigned to JV based on the effective date of the JV that will fall in the Sequnce Date Range.Based on the category u have assigned as default category to the responsibilty.

Please correct me ,if i have understood it wrong.And also please mention that if i did not specify any category as "Defualt Category" then which category will selected to generate the sequence Number for the JV.
admin

Post by admin »

When you open the Enter Journals form a default category will be assigned but the user can change as per his/her requirement. When the Journal will be save it will assign the sequence which is assigned to that category in that date range. Like if you want to start sequence from 1 of each month/period you can create separate sequences starting from 1 and give from and end date.

thanks
zubair

Post by zubair »

Sir Thanks a lot .U have really resolved my confusion about Document Sequences.

Please expain one thing more what is the difference between "Document Categories" (that we use to define from system administrator responsibilty) and Journal Categories (that we use to define from General Ledger Super User Responsibilty)
admin

Post by admin »

Both are same just to define a category which while sequence assignment you will select. From sysadmin it allows to create for different modules while from GL only for GL. thanks