Journal Import process

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Arjunn

Journal Import process

Post by Arjunn »

Hi friends,

what is the diifference between journal import from AP and payable transfer to GL. Whether both are same or not.

TIA
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hai Arjun,

When ever you run Payable transfer to GL concurrent program from Payables Module.It will ask some perameters.One of the perameter is called Journal Import.If you Take No.You will need to run Journal import program from GL module.If you take Yes, need not to run Journal Import From GL.Two Concurrent Programs Will run automatically.

Thanks,
piyoosh_pant

Post by piyoosh_pant »

Payable transfer to GL transfers the accounting data from AP to GL Interface table.

The Journal Import program brings in this data from the GL_INTERFACE table to GL as postable journals.

In layman terms Payable transfer to GL <span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>PUSHES</span id='hl'> data from AP to GL interface table while the journal import <span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>PULLS</span id='hl'> the data from GLl interface table to GL.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Piyoosh

[quote]Hi friends,

what is the diifference between journal import from AP and payable transfer to GL. Whether both are same or not.

TIA

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Arjunn
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

I think everyone understood the concept.

I will try to add some functional requirements involved in this. In real time scenarios, One may not like to transfer the balances from AP and post it directly to the GL.

That's why, while creating the responsibilities, DBA will not give the option to the AP manager to send the Journals directly to the GL. AP Manager is allowed to transfer the balances to GL ( We can say PUSH) and GL Manager will import these Journals and will have a look at the Journals. And, then posting will take place. That's how the controls will be implemented while working the WORKAROUNDS.

Upendra Donepudi
Arjunn

Post by Arjunn »

Dear Upendra,

Thanks for your reply