Paybles Issue - Refund

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
srinum_mba

Paybles Issue - Refund

Post by srinum_mba »

1.In Oracle Employee consider as a Supplier.. so when any employee return his tour or travel advance how the Refund option will work or how to generate receipt to employee
thank u
srinivas
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

Please note when you create an Employee in Oracle HRMS, it creates one record as a Party in Receivables. You need to create a Customer Site (Customer account and create a Normal Invoice and Receive the money against it). Go to Customer screen in AR and Query with the name of the Employee, You will fine a Party record existing for the Employee. Create a customer Site with address (Employee address)
and then raise an invoice and receive amount against the invoice.

The Employee is created as a Supplier in AP when you enable the Checkbox Create Employee as a Supplier in Financial options.

To my knowledge, there is no standard functionality of receiving amount from Employees in Payables for which the present Company where I am working now has built a Customized solution called Claims Settlement which will enable the balance due from or Due to to an Employee for travel advance/allowance is settled through Oracle Payroll

If anybody has any other solution, Please let me know

Regards
Sivakumar
murali95

Post by murali95 »

Hi Srinivas,

For processing refunds the payment type you need to select is "Refund"
Payment type.

A payment received from a supplier or employee to return funds for an invoice payment made is a Refund

Refund payments pay a debit balance, and are always entered as negative amount payments.

For example:
If advance has been paid to an employee use the expense reports window to apply advances to expense reports to reduce the amount to be paid. Before one can pay expense reports, submit the Expense Report Import program which automatically creates invoices from the expense reports. One can then use Payables to validate, pay, and account for the invoices.

Hope this helps...
Murali.
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

Sorry for the confusion. I forgot to mention you can use refund functionality in Payments to receive amount from Supplier or employees. The Customized solution which we developed is only to make settlement through Payroll.

Regards
Sivakumar
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Hi,
1-How can we give advance through Expense invoice...
2-The functionality of apply advance in the expense (payable option setup) is yet not cleared...plz explain
anusha_rao

Post by anusha_rao »

hi
this is regarding refund
you receive the amount from customer ie employee in ar ,so you create a clearing account.
you refund it in ap defining the customer as a supplier and using the same clearing account in distributions
rao
debarchan.ghosh

Post by debarchan.ghosh »

HI,
IF WE GIVE THE ADVANCE IN CASH THROUGH PREPAYMENT INVOICE. THEN WE CREATE A STNADARD INVOICE FOR THAT EMPLOYEE. DISTRIBUTE THE INVOICE AMOUNT INTO EXPENSE & REFUND AGAINST EXPENSE A/C & CASH A/C RESPECTIVELY. APPLY THE INVOICE AGAINST THE PREPAYMENT INVOICE TO MAKE PREPAYMENT AMOUNT FULLY APPLIED.
THIS SOLUTION APPLICABLE NOT APPLICABLE IF ADVANCE PAID BY CHEQUE.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi ,

there are many responses to make a refund in this site, please browse the site. If you are not able to find any please let me know.
k_varun.apps

Post by k_varun.apps »

i want to pay invoice amt not in functional currency, some other currency what is work around for this can u pls
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

[blue]Hi Varun,

Please check the below given link and also give your response in the same link.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2290

Regards