AR QUERIES:

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
k.khan

AR QUERIES:

Post by k.khan »

Hi
I am experiencing few difficulties in AR plz help me out...
1-i want to apply on account credit to the subsequent invoices of the customer.
2-unidentified amount which we previous saved it (as the customer was not clearly known)now if i want to apply this to the invoice of the customer if
*it is not transfered to GL
*it is transfered to GL
in both cases.
3-Miscellaneous receipt wrongly entered when it belongs to the customer
4-In the list of values of items(transaction workbench) i want to add new items to it.
5-what is the prerequisites of transfering data to GL.
6-what is the functionality of revenue recognisation program.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

i am waiting ...no boddy is responding to it,it is commonly asked questions,i think the potential consultants have took their hands off from the forum.
madhu.kommuru

Post by madhu.kommuru »

1) You can apply the Credit memo to the subsequent invoices.How u can apply the earlier CM to Invoice like that.
2) If it not trasfered to GL u can easily apply it, If it is posted to GL, Create one more invoice with same amount and apply it, it is nullifing the invoice amount.But we can not delete it.
3)You can try adj the wrongly entered Customer reciept.
4)Question is not clear...Tell me what values do you want to add LOV?
5)Transactions means invoices should be completed status, apply the Reciepts to the corresponding invoices.Then Run Transafer to General Ledger Transfer Program.
It will transfers the data to GL.
6)The main functioanlity of the Revenue Recognition prog is It will create accounting entries once complete the invoices and apply the receipt to Invoices.Once the Transaction made what ever it is.Once Run this prog...then only u can transfer the data to GL.

Still if you have any doubts pls let me know....

Regards,
Madhusudan
india
lili

Post by lili »

1-i want to apply on account credit to the subsequent invoices of the customer.

<font color="blue">it is better to enter it as on account Receipt to be able later to apply it to the subsequent invoices </font id="blue">

2-unidentified amount which we previous saved it (as the customer was not clearly known)now if i want to apply this to the invoice of the customer if
*it is not transfered to GL
*it is transfered to GL
<font color="blue">in both cases.
if create it a receipt it is ok in both case to apply and if it is tarnsfered to the gl , transfer again new entries will go only</font id="blue">
3-Miscellaneous receipt wrongly entered when it belongs to the customer
<font color="blue">you have to reverse this receipt and enter a stand recipt </font id="blue">

4-In the list of values of items(transaction workbench) i want to add new items to it.
<font color="blue">
this item list is the inventory item key flexfield ( you need to have the inventory already setup then add values from the key flexfiled screen</font id="blue">
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

1-A From where can I easily be know how much credit on account is available for a particular customer although I can see it through workbenches but If u have plenty of transactions available u will not open every transaction to know the exact credit amount
B- In the cutomer account window it appears in merging with the receipt definitely confusing
C- That why difficult to apply the credit memo for the forthcoming invoices without knowing the exact amount
2-if it is not transfer to GL..ok fine
But if it is ?then CM is the solution??
Because in the receipt workbench
It is not accepting the ?ve amount APP-AR-11621
3-LOV value addition means at the time of entering the transactions it ask u to give Quantity ..then price then the tax code?I want to enter a new product in to it(LOV)
4-for transferring data to GL what I have understood is
1-transaction must be complete(by the way is there any prog available for mass completion)
2-then I have to run revenue recognition(is there any method to un do it )
3-transfer to GL
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

thanks madhu.kommuru and lili
i have placed my quries on going through the instructions madhu
let me go through yours then i will let u know
once again thanks alot
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

i am a bit confused that on account credit could only be booked from the receipt work bench where it asks u to give the invoice no against which u want to apply this receipt...from where else can i booked it & I am also booking it from the same window but the prob persists.
I am not understanding what you are mean to say in your 2nd answer.
muskan

Post by muskan »

what is the difference between all these
1-unapplied cash
2-on account cash
3-on account credit
GreenChain

Post by GreenChain »

The difference between Unapplied Cash and On Account Credit is minute.

Unapplied Cash is typically used when we get Receipt from Customer and it is pending for applications against Customer Transactions.

On Account Credit is used when we do not have any Customer Transactions for application against the Standard Receipt.

In Customer Collection Workbench and Analysis, we can see the amounts separately.
muskan

Post by muskan »

Thanks alot green chain for ur further eloboration but the question of how to apply on account credit to the future invoices of customer is still unanswerd, i have also mentioned it in the other posted prob so plz go for this...once again thanks alot
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

i have tried alot to enter a new item in the inventoy(sys item) but is not accepting any saying no seg exist...plz explain it more clearly step by step as i know nothing about inventory...
how many things we have to set in inventory for smooth operation of ar