Set Of Books

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
abbas9001

Set Of Books

Post by abbas9001 »

Hi All,
I would like to know few things.
I have created set of books and I want to use that as the only set of books so where should i attach it so that it can be used for all the responsibilities(Purchasing, AP, AR, GL).
I have the set of books attached at GL, when I tried attaching at purchsing level (Setups > Organization > Set Of Books > Define / Choose) the vision operations set of books detials are present there and its no allowing me to change it to my own set books, how should I go abt it.
Responses appreciated.
Thank you.
varma.

Post by varma. »

hi

u should assign your set of book for each responsible(ap,ar,po...)
fist u should go to system admin and select -(profile) there u need to enable responsible option and give ur responsible name(po) and below select profile option for "set of book name " spcify ur set of books and save that .
regards,
varma
anusha_rao

Post by anusha_rao »

hi
you should follow multiorg structure.
you assign profile options to mo operating unit ,gl set of books etc
regards
rao
apps consultant
abbas9001

Post by abbas9001 »

I have attached my set of books at Purchasing responsibility however when i check it out in purchasing it is showing the old vision operations set of books details.
What should I do know?
varma.

Post by varma. »

did u run concurrent request for replicate seed data. it is requied after u assign the profile options.
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi Abbas,
Had u build ur own multiorg structure. U can able to select ur own SOB(set of books) when ur build multiorg structure. U have to attach the following profile options to ur responsibilities.

HR:Business Group
HR:Security Profile
HR:User
GL:Set of Books
MO:Operating Unit.

After attaching these profile options u have to run Replicate Seed data concurrent program from Sys Admin responsibility.

If ur doing things in Vision Operations it is not possible to select your own set of books. If u want to do the same u have to make the changes at Site Level.

Still any queries feel free to mail me at manmohan.reddy29@gmail.com

Rgds,
Manmohan Reddy.P
abbas9001

Post by abbas9001 »

[quote]Hi Abbas,
Had u build ur own multiorg structure. U can able to select ur own SOB(set of books) when ur build multiorg structure. U have to attach the following profile options to ur responsibilities.

HR:Business Group
HR:Security Profile
HR:User
GL:Set of Books
MO:Operating Unit.

After attaching these profile options u have to run Replicate Seed data concurrent program from Sys Admin responsibility.

If ur doing things in Vision Operations it is not possible to select your own set of books. If u want to do the same u have to make the changes at Site Level.

Still any queries feel free to mail me at manmohan.reddy29@gmail.com

Rgds,
Manmohan Reddy.P

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by P_MANMOHAN
abbas9001

Post by abbas9001 »

Hi Manmohan,
I have done as per the steps mentioned above.I was able to choose my own set of books.
But when I went to the requisistion form to create new one i am getting many errors as follows
1)APP-PO-14142: get_po_parameters:10; ORA-01403:no data found
Cause: A SQL error has occurred in get_po_parameters. The SQL error is ORA-01403:no data found
2)Some Exception was raised 100501
3)FRM-40735: KEY-EXIT trigger raised
Any comments as to what I have done wrong
raviteja.manchu

Post by raviteja.manchu »

Hi,

Did you defined new operating unit ,if so please run the replicate seed data from the system admin,then check.

Regards,
Ravi Manchu
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi,

After completing the setups run replicate seed data program from sys adimn responsibility. After that do ur own setup in PO module. Coz when u build ur own multiorg structure u won't find anything in Financials Options and Purchasing Options do the same.

Still u get any errors pls let me know.

Rgds,
Manmohan Reddy.P