Oracle Financials?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rehman4me

Oracle Financials?

Post by rehman4me »

What is Oracle Financial?

Is it a set of ready made programs suited for most people?

If yes then what is the purpose of Oracle Forms and Reports to make forms and reports.

If no then what Oracle financial used for?

Rehman Ghani
Pakistan
admin

Post by admin »

>> A complete financials software developed by Oracle. There are module GL, AP, AR, FA and CM in this suite.

>> Yes

If yes then what is the purpose of Oracle Forms and Reports to make forms and reports.
>> Oracle Financials forms and reports are developed using Oracle forms and reports. So Oracle Financials is the end product while forms are development tools.

>> See above.
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

If I am correct you meant ask what is the use of developing new forms and reports though everything is available in oracle application.

Oracle Application is developed in General to suit any business process but still some times we need industry specific or business specific customization required in such case we need to design forms or reports such that it suits business requirment. Hope I answered your question.

Regards
roy

Post by roy »

Mr Rehman,

Your questions exposes several things about you. I will mention just one
1> You are looking for an easy way to learn. If you are looking for a career in this arena be prepared to acquire knowledge by investing long hours in "reading and practice" to broaden your knowledge on the subjects. If someone is going to tell you it is going to be like a spoon full. I am only trying to help - the journey is rought but the rewards you know it.

I am joining your two questions.

Oracle Financials is implemented (used) FOR ACCOUNTING PURPOSES IN BUSINESS that has multi-million dollar turnovers - not for a store in the corner of the street.

Financials means money matters. Admin has detailed what are the modules that is used in Financials. Each Module is used for a specific purpose and inter connected.

As "Business" are of different nature or type. Each type of business requires and operates differently - the Financial Modules or program is like an engine. Take it and use the way your business requirements are......

Simple example: There are 32 sets to setup Assets, you can set up with 13 steps and start using, the rest depends on your business requiremets, another example 55 steps - required 17 setps - rest depends on the business needs /requirement.

These setps are cosmetic, what a consultant sets up but the thousands of setup is done internally and is automatically done when the software is installed for a module to work.
That is why it is exampled as a engine.

Like wise, next question
Oracle Forms and Reports is explained by admin, also these are tools or programs made available by Oracle to create any additional forms or reports. Rules apply.

Next,
Your - "If yes" - "If No" - somehow makes me think - You were thinking that Financals is uesd for making forms and reports. That is why in the next question you ask what is oracle Forms and reports is used.

Each module of Oracle Finacial is used for two things ( in simple terms ).
1> Record transactions - data input through its Forms into respective tables in par with Accouting standards. ( Financials )
2> Reporting - Use reports pre-defined or customize to mix and match the data in a way you want to see.

I hope the bug is removed.